• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible CCS Replacements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

That is the issue I have with college football. Instead of having a 16 team playoff like the lower divisions do, they opt to only have a four team playoff. Then with that the P5 creates a bigger separation by controlling the system with their bias committee. Until that changes, I’m done getting into this pissing matches about what conferences are better. Give the AAC a fair playing field and they would smoke a lot of conferences away.

True. They should drop the bowls but Disney will never allow that as they need content. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Not really the point. Give those schools some time to recruit when they are included in the P5 then I think you will see different results. 

It's exactly the point.  We're talking now not "if they could recruit with P5" .  But even in that scenario, we haven't seen different results from Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, or Louisville.   There's literally no support at all for our conference being better than any of the p5 conference simply sipping the p6 kool aid spiked with something strong .....

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True. They should drop the bowls but Disney will never allow that as they need content. 

Nah I think the bowls are good for the fans and players. Went to the Birmingham Bowl a few seasons ago and had a blast even though that bowl game didn’t mean much on the national scale. It was a great send out win for QF against Texas Tech

7 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

That is the issue I have with college football. Instead of having a 16 team playoff like the lower divisions do, they opt to only have a four team playoff. Then with that the P5 creates a bigger separation by controlling the system with their bias committee. Until that changes, I’m done getting into this pissing matches about what conferences are better. Give the AAC a fair playing field and they would smoke a lot of conferences away.

by a lot, I assume you mean the other g5 conferences, but if there was a 16 team playoff, you may find a team from a g5 conference every once in a while make a great run in that playoff.

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Pitt beat ucf this year.  The rest of this rambling is nothing but speculation.  Facts are facts.  Cincy barely squeaked by us 2 weeks ago and we are terrible.  You're either trolling or insane if you think memphis beats let along "spanks" 2/3 of the pf teams.    lo frigging l

Do you even follow college football? Have you seen more than one Memphis game this year?? Good lord 1/3 of the P5 are pure trash; most are only in a P5 conference because they started a football program 75/100 years ago. Stanford, Washington, California, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa State, Kstate, KU, Arkansas, Miss, Vandy, Maryland, Mich State, Rutgers, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska...would all have their hands full with Memphis. If I took the time to look it up I could easily add to this list. Jesus, you sound like the P5 snobs on ESpin. 

5 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Nah I think the bowls are good for the fans and players. Went to the Birmingham Bowl a few seasons ago and had a blast even though that bowl game didn’t mean much on the national scale. It was a great send out win for QF against Texas Tech

Oh I enjoy the bowls and watch almost all of them but I would rather have a 16 team playoff. 

46 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

When's the charity boxing match with proceeds going to the IPF or a new coach?

Nah, forgive NEB for he doth know what he speakith of .... he has drinkith the p6 kool aid (and probably spiked with vodka or rum) and he is just trying to spreadeth the gospel

Either that or he slipped and fell on the ice, hitting his head.  But definitely one or the other ..... 😀

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

by a lot, I assume you mean the other g5 conferences, but if there was a 16 team playoff, you may find a team from a g5 conference every once in a while make a great run in that playoff.

Now you got it!! Fix college football. Until the this situation is pretty bad for G5. No need to be getting into pissing matches about AAC vs P5 conferences. The reality is the P5 get tons more money and players want to play for P5 schools. Coaches want to coach for P5 schools. There really is no disputing it 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Do you even follow college football? Have you seen more than one Memphis game this year?? Good lord 1/3 of the P5 are pure trash; most are only in a P5 conference because they started a football program 75/100 years ago. Stanford, Washington, California, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa State, Kstate, KU, Arkansas, Miss, Vandy, Maryland, Mich State, Rutgers, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska...would all have their hands full with Memphis. If I took the time to look it up I could easily add to this list. Jesus, you sound like the P5 snobs on ESpin. 

You can list whatever, but they beat garbage ole miss by 15 on their home field. That's a fact not a list.  I know they are pretty good this year, hence the 3 or 4 loss team in a p5 conference (maybe if the schedule falls right they only lose 2 in the pac 10 or acc) .....

Reality bites

Just now, chapelbull said:

Nah, forgive NEB for he doth know what he speakith of .... he has drinkith the p6 kool aid (and probably spiked with vodka or rum) and he is just trying to spreadeth the gospel

Either that or he slipped and fell on the ice, hitting his head.  But definitely one or the other ..... 😀

Says the guy who only shows up after loses and to make comments that are on the level of a third grader. Keep sniffing your glue and putting your head up the P5 asses...at least you’re good at something I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

There really is no disputing it 

You are right.  There is no disputing it's p5 ... and then the rest