• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible CCS Replacements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

They're number 1 need is to right the sinking ship.  There's no evidence that ccs is going to to do that

A sinking ship into what? Tbh we are not in a P5 conference rn so does it really mater if we would have finished 7-5 this season or 4-8? USF probably saved some money this season by not going to one of those bowls. The bottom line is getting the facilities such as IPF and OCS so that the program becomes even more attractive to potentially coaching candidates. We can’t waste those funds by firing coaches for having their first losing season at USF. It does not sit well for potential coaching candidates 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

A sinking ship into what? Tbh we are not in a P5 conference rn so does it really mater if we would have finished 7-5 this season or 4-8? USF probably saved some money this season by not going to one of those bowls. The bottom line is getting the facilities such as IPF and OCS so that the program becomes even more attractive to potentially coaching candidates. We can’t waste those funds by firing coaches for having their first losing season at USF. It does not sit well for potential coaching candidates 

So it was all a great conspiracy to save the athletic department money! 😂😂. I knew it! 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So it was all a great conspiracy to save the athletic department money! 😂😂. I knew it! 

Tbh, I was very happy of the Gasparilla Bowl invite last year because that saved money lol. Got to keep building and seeing that ground breaking for the IPF happen will put us all in a better state of mind about the program. To heck with this season and next season for Wins & Loses. We get the IPF built then we move forward with the program 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

10-2

7-6 (probably lucky to be that good of a record)

4-7 (going into final game)

Looks pretty sinking to me.  There is no coach turning down our job because we fire a coach with that resume.  They may turn it down for other reasons, but not that one.

Playing in a bowl game > than not playing in one

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

10-2

7-6 (probably lucky to be that good of a record)

4-7 (going into final game)

Looks pretty sinking to me.  There is no coach turning down our job because we fire a coach with that resume.  They may turn it down for other reasons, but not that one.

Playing in a bowl game > than not playing in one

Go ahead and name the big bowl games. Matter of fact name the big bowl games under CWT?? How much did those help USF?? I would rather sacrifice another season with this coaching staff if it meant ground breaking on IPF than to waste a ton of more money on a coach that will take us to a meaningless bowl game in two or three seasons 

4 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Go ahead and name the big bowl games. Matter of fact name the big bowl games under CWT?? How much did those help USF?? I would rather sacrifice another season with this coaching staff if it meant ground breaking on IPF than to waste a ton of more money on a coach that will take us to a meaningless bowl game in two or three seasons 

I'm not sure what your point is or what you are asking.  Are you saying sucking out loud helps our program more than winning? I know our attendance rose after winning seasons.  I could only assume that helped us financially, plus perhaps increase in donations.   Bowl games give us additional national exposure which most would consider a plus as well as the extra practices that I have heard many a coach say is advantageous to the program.  I'm not sure I follow your point.

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Tony Alford is a candidate for the Colorado State HC job.  Although he is a Colorado native USF could be a better opportunity than Colorado State.

35 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

Tony Alford is a candidate for the Colorado State HC job.  Although he is a Colorado native USF could be a better opportunity than Colorado State.

At least you are throwing out suggestions. Many others just like to fire people without even having a plan 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I would look to the ACC with Kelly’s connections 

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I would look to the ACC with Kelly’s connections 

Maybe we could get Dabo.  I heard the AAC was a step up from the ACC ..... 😀