• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible CCS Replacements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Maybe we could get Dabo.  I heard the AAC was a step up from the ACC ..... 😀

Some Clemson fans wanted Dabo fired after he lost to USF in the bowl game years ago. Good thing they didn’t listen to those fans lol

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Some Clemson fans wanted Dabo fired after he lost to USF in the bowl game years ago. Good thing they didn’t listen to those fans lol

I wonder if they would have kept him around if he went 4-8 the next year (year 3).  I wonder if that had happened, if they would have said hey we can't fire him AND upgrade our facilities so we're "stuck" for one more year and then we'll fire him.   I wonder?  My guess is no.

Dabo got his 3rd season and the up and comping coach capitalized.  CCS got his 3rd year and he failed.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Only coach who takes this job will insist that the IPF construction starts by the time he gets here. Our football facilities are FCS level. 

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I wonder if they would have kept him around if he went 4-8 the next year (year 3).  I wonder if that had happened, if they would have said hey we can't fire him AND upgrade our facilities so we're "stuck" for one more year and then we'll fire him.   I wonder?  My guess is no.

Dabo got his 3rd season and the up and comping coach capitalized.  CCS got his 3rd year and he failed.

Nope. Wish we had the support Clemson did back in those days. I say back in those days because that was before they were super good but they still have tons of fan support. To bad USF can’t average 50k a game so we wouldn’t have to debate which is more important.  We would do both 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Nope. Wish we had the support Clemson did back in those days. I say back in those days because that was before they were super good but they still have tons of fan support. To bad USF can’t average 50k a game so we wouldn’t have to debate which is more important.  We would do both 

We could go undefeated the best we will get is 38k. Yay Tampa! 

8 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Nope is right.   Meanwhile, Clemson football has been around since 1896 and has numerous championships.   Feel free to read up on their history.  Share it with other noobs that criticize our city, fans, and alumni religiously while being misinformed .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_Tigers_football

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Comparing Dabo to Strong in terms of progress through first 3 season. Dabo 9-5, 6-7, 10-4 and has never missed a bowl game. Strong 10-2, 7-6, 4-8. I'd say Dabo has the advantage. Dabo is also 9-5 in bowl games (including the 2 National Titles) compared to Strong 4-4 in bowl games and 0 national titles   

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We could go undefeated the best we will get is 38k. Yay Tampa! 

I blame the college system on that too. Sure Tampa has bad support and big bandwagon fans. When USF was at the big boys table in the Big East we had a huge bandwagon. College football was fun then. It is ruined now that USF is out of the mix 

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Nope is right.   Meanwhile, Clemson football has been around since 1896 and has numerous championships.   Feel free to read up on their history.  Share it with other noobs that criticize our city, fans, and alumni religiously while being misinformed .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_Tigers_football

Bucs had team since 1976 yet they can’t sell their small NFL sized 65k stadium out. What happened to the Big waiting list? 

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Bucs had team since 1976 yet they can’t sell their small NFL sized 65k stadium out. What happened to the Big waiting list? 

Raheem Morris happened.   They sold out for over a decade hence "the list". The Glazers too underestimated the local fans and decided to stick it to them with crappy, cheap hires and it blew up in their proverbial face.  And it's pro sports vs.  college.  Bad analogy.