• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible CCS Replacements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

how many season tickets do you have?

Well considering I am 1200 miles away I only have one and I donate that to the Boys and Girls Club of Tampa every year. Generally, I travel to two away games a year and one home game. In total that cost me about $2,800.

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Where were you sitting for that game?

See my post above big guy...I don’t live in Tampa.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Honestly its not just a USF thing, but a Tampa thing.  Tampa only supports winners, and in the Rays case, not even then really.

I hate to say it but its true, and I'm a Tampa native/fan.

That's because there is little to no sports tradition due to the transient nature of the population.

Just now, chapelbull said:

That's because there is little to no sports tradition due to the transient nature of the population.

Even if you are an alumnus????

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well considering I am 1200 miles away I only have one and I donate that to the Boys and Girls Club of Tampa every year. Generally, I travel to two away games a year and one home game. In total that cost me about $2,800.

See my post above big guy...I don’t live in Tampa.

Ah, you weren't there. Shocking

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

See my post below...

it doesn't matter how much it costs you. that money doesn't go to the school. you essentially count for 1 filled seat a year at a home game. perhaps you could do more as a "fan".

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Ah, you weren't there. Shocking

You just won the award for dumbest post of the year. My whole argument has been about Tampa area alumni...what a ******* moron you are...I spent more $ traveling to see them play than many. If I lived there I would be at every game. Keep up tour false narrative 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Even if you are an alumnus????

Alumnus?  USF has been a commuter school for most of it's existence.  People drove there, went to class, then went home. 

The football program is only 20 years old.  Many people that attended there were raised on UF, FSU, or Miami football.  

Again, look at the numbers, our attendance is fine to good for a g5 program let alone one that sucks as bad as we do right now.

Edited by chapelbull
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

it doesn't matter how much it costs you. that money doesn't go to the school. you essentially count for 1 filled seat a year at a home game. perhaps you could do more as a "fan".

The utility of my effort however cannot be ignored if we are measuring “fandom” and this is what this thread is about. Funny I can make the effort far away and alumni in Tampa cannot...pretty ******...

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You just won the award for dumbest post of the year. My whole argument has been about Tampa area alumni...what a ******* moron you are...I spent more $ traveling to see them play than many. If I lived there I would be at every game. Keep up tour false narrative 

Sure you would. 🙄 That's easy to say from the Northeast. 

The false narrative is our attendance sucking, but hey you haven't let facts get in the way yet, why start now?

The utility of my effort however cannot be ignored if we are measuring “fandom” and this is what this thread is about. Funny I can make the effort far away and alumni in Tampa cannot...pretty ******...

No this thread is about CCS replacements.  You turned it into another attack on USF fans/alumni from your perch in the NE

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Alumnus?  USF has been a commuter school for most of it's existence.  People drove there, went to class, then went home. 

The football program is only 20 years old.  Many people that attended there were raised on UF, FSU, or Miami football.  

Again, look at the numbers, our attendance is fine to good for a g5 program let alone one that sucks as bad as we do right now.

Fair point on the commenter part but the reality is that is where their degree is from. When I went to USF that is all I ever heard: “when are we getting a football team.” People wanted it so bad. But now that it is here I can count 8k in the stands. Wait until UF and Bama are here...