• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud Start = USF Loss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

That drive at the end of the game was pretty clutch by him as well...McCloud has his faults...but seven scoring drives (counting fg attempts) normally is enough to get a win...tonight is not on him...

Edited by DJBulls

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Do you think we have Joe Burrow waiting on the sideline or something?

McCloud is starting because he is unfortunately the best we have.

USF fans have a long history of requesting the back ups...and guess what? They are usually not very good either.

McCloud isn't the reason USF lost today, but I don't think he is the future either. We need a complete reset. Beginning with the coach.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

8 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

McCloud played a decent game.  This loss is not on him.  He went 18-27, 67% completion rate, 267 yards, 1 TD, no INT's, and I don't even remember one pass that was close to an INT.  This team has many faults, but blaming this one on McCloud is way off base.  He played good overall.  He made some throws scrambling around for big completions.    

I mean I know y'all want a 35-40 performance for 500 yards and 6 TD's, but that's just not going to happen.

He played good.

His best pass was underthrown... he constantly short arms passes to the edges... avoids any form of contact... and panics routinely

His Win/ Loss record matches my assessment... 

We will lose again next week and at UCF if he starts...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

His best pass was underthrown... he constantly short arms passes to the edges... avoids any form of contact... and panics routinely

All of these things can be coached up.  And he is smart to avoid contact, you want him to play like a LB?

He's a freshman, he can get better.  Q wasn't great his freshman year either, we had similar concerns about his future after his first start at SMU.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

McCloud is undersized.  Of course he's going to avoid contact.  If you've ever played QB, you avoid as many unnecessary hits as possible, unless you're a running 6-3, 230 lb QB.  That's just standard.  I've done a fair amount of coaching and I always tell undersized QB's to step out of bounds or slide unless it's third or 4th down and you're going for a first down.

He's a work in progress, who played a good game tonight and drove the team 70 plus yards in the waning minutes.  He didn't panic when he made scrambling throws for completions.  He is not, nor ever will be a drop back passer that will throw 60 yard dimes down the field.  But guess what, you don't need that at this level, this is not the NFL.

He may or may not be the answer in the future, but he has improved as the year has gone on. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

This loss is not on McCloud but he still is pretty awful...he is not a difference maker.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just my opinion... and my opinion matches his results 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  186
  • Days Won:  0

He is not good when running the ball, he has no vision, runs right into tackles.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, pheenix11 said:

He is not good when running the ball, he has no vision, runs right into tackles.

This is probably the most legit knock on him I've seen.  Not sure how correctable that is, either.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

You do realize how our TEAM is set up right? Did you honestly expect this game to be close before it happened? Did you predict we'd only lose by 3 points? Did you expect this team to score ANY points? 

We knew that the hardest parts of our schedule was at the end of the season. Before we truly knew we sucked, we viewed these games as toss ups at best and guaranteed losses at worst. Now you are making a bold prediction by saying Mccloud will cost us the game next week against Memphis, really?!?!