• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud Start = USF Loss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Been saying it since his cameo against Wisky. He is isn't ready. Mentally or physically. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Been saying it since his cameo against Wisky. He is isn't ready. Mentally or physically. 

he is a redshirt freshman gaining valuable experience.

it's impossible for every QB (especially a redshirt freshman) to look like the greatest QB in our history.

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

he is a redshirt freshman gaining valuable experience.

it's impossible for every QB (especially a redshirt freshman) to look like the greatest QB in our history.

Adequate would be nice. I don't care if he is a redshirt senior. If he isn't ready see if someone else can step up. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

But many on here were clamoring for the kid since his cameo against Wisconsin.  

Now those same people are clamoring for the walkon freshman QB. Seems like a disease. 

I say the QB is NOT the problem with this offense. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Adequate would be nice.

his passing numbers this year are better than Grothe's his sophomore year. Grothe career int ratio 52 TDs 44 picks

his passer rating is higher than BJ Daniels in his sophomore through senior year. rushing numbers are about the same.

I get that everyone expects the next QB to be the best in our history but it doesn't work that way. Odds are he is going to be about average and his numbers aren't that much different than Grothe or Daniels.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

But many on here were clamoring for the kid since his cameo against Wisconsin.  

Now those same people are clamoring for the walkon freshman QB. Seems like a disease. 

I say the QB is NOT the problem with this offense. 

This is true, I don't want the walk-on, I want BB (I know, the blasphemy). But he isnt an option, and JM isn't doing enough to warrant the others not getting a chance. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

This is true, I don't want the walk-on, I want BB (I know, the blasphemy). But he isnt an option, and JM isn't doing enough to warrant the others not getting a chance. 

You want the 6'5" immobile (even though last year he ran for about 500 yards) QB with a pro arm? 

You must have never watched USF football before.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,899
  • Days Won:  33

52 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

that ball was massively underthrown.. it was right in front of my seats.. the WR had to come back for the ball... 

I believe you're thinking about the pass to Weaver in the 2nd quarter, where McCloud rolled out of the pocket and threw. Yes, it was under thrown, but maybe that was by design.

The pass to St. Felix, where McCloud stood in the pocket and took a good hit, was caught in stride.

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

his passing numbers this year are better than Grothe's his sophomore year

his passer rating is higher than BJ Daniels in his sophomore through senior year. rushing numbers are about the same.

I get that everyone expects the next QB to be the best in our history but it doesn't work that way.

thats cool, both of them were better runners and I don't think either are pariased here for their throwing ability as much as their x factor ability to make the offense work. JM doesn't show that. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just now, John Lewis said:

I believe you're thinking about the pass to Weaver in the 2nd quarter, where McCloud rolled out of the pocket and threw. Yes, it was under thrown, but maybe that was by design.

The pass to St. Felix, where McCloud stood in the pocket and took a good hit, was caught in stride.

Yes, that is the one I am thinking of. If it was by design, then fair enough. I've just seen so many short passes from the young man, it's hard to know what is intentional and what was lack of arm strength... I'll give the kid credit for the throw to St. Felix, that was a nice stroke on the ball...