• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud Start = USF Loss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

You want the 6'5" immobile (even though last year he ran for about 500 yards) QB with a pro arm? 

You must have never watched USF football before.  

I know.... I am a sucker for that pro arm. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

thats cool, both of them were better runners and I don't think either are pariased here for their throwing ability as much as their x factor ability to make the offense work. JM doesn't show that. 

sorry but there are 10 other players on offense that help make the offense work. I'm sure Daniels in his sophomore year when he threw more picks(13) than TDs(11) plus averaged 2.3 yards per carry wasn't considered to have that "x factor"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,899
  • Days Won:  33

Just now, Skingraft said:

Yes, that is the one I am thinking of. If it was by design, then fair enough. I've just seen so many short passes from the young man, it's hard to know what is intentional and what was lack of arm strength... I'll give the kid credit for the throw to St. Felix, that was a nice stroke on the ball...

Weaver was double covered. McCloud has already shown that he will throw the ball away when the throw isn't there, which is why I believe the ball was under thrown. The WR has the better chance to make the adjustment there.

I didn't think he played a bad game at all. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

34 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Weaver was double covered. McCloud has already shown that he will throw the ball away when the throw isn't there, which is why I believe the ball was under thrown. The WR has the better chance to make the adjustment there.

I didn't think he played a bad game at all. 

Unfortunately we can't have a game manager, we need a play maker. We are not good enough yet on that side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Unfortunately we can't have a game manager, we need a play maker. We are not good enough yet on that side of the ball.

I would hardly classify him as a game manager. He made many big plays on Saturday.

It has taken some time to grasp the new playbook, but we have shown signs of what this offense can become.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I would hardly classify him as a game manager. He made many big plays on Saturday.

It has taken some time to grasp the new playbook, but we have shown signs of what this offense can become.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. We won't win with him and the record shows it.

9 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. We won't win with him and the record shows it.

We have won with him. The record does show that.

He's had a couple of rough games (most Freshman QB's do), but he certainly was not the reason we lost on Saturday. Not even close.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

This is what I saw when I first saw him play.  He seems to be very similar.  I haven't compared stats, but the style seemed familiar.  Man, if Grothe could coach him...

Matt Grothe came in the first game as a RS freshman and won games.  He was a gamer and made things happen. you can go and review his you tube highlights.  McCloud is not a D1 quarterback.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Bull94 said:

his passing numbers this year are better than Grothe's his sophomore year. Grothe career int ratio 52 TDs 44 picks

his passer rating is higher than BJ Daniels in his sophomore through senior year. rushing numbers are about the same.

I get that everyone expects the next QB to be the best in our history but it doesn't work that way. Odds are he is going to be about average and his numbers aren't that much different than Grothe or Daniels.

Growth played better competition.  Grottoes sophomore year he played ranked West Virginia and Auburn.  there is no comparison

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

27 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

Matt Grothe came in the first game as a RS freshman and won games.  He was a gamer and made things happen. you can go and review his you tube highlights.  McCloud is not a D1 quarterback.

So we've beaten 4 D1 teams without a D1 qb leading the offense ....... he must have a helluva surrounding cast, on both sides of the ball.

Comparing him to MG or BJ at this point may be a stretch but calling him "not a D1 quarterback" is about the same stretch. MG was a special player and I understand getting all defensive about him but that's getting pretty frivolous ....