• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Not giddy but anyone who leaves USF for greener pastures gets the slow clap when they crap the bed elsewhere. 

This! 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I can't believe how many people seriously want to take Willie back. It's even more pathetic than the Jim Leavitt crowd. No retreads. Nothing more embarrassing than hoping your newly single ex will take you back. It's yearning for days gone while ignoring all the negatives. 

Agreed.  No Leavitt, No Taggart.  The only reason they seem appealing is because Strong is so bad.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I can't believe how many people seriously want to take Willie back. It's even more pathetic than the Jim Leavitt crowd. No retreads. Nothing more embarrassing than hoping your newly single ex will take you back. It's yearning for days gone while ignoring all the negatives. 

Preach it brother. Time to move it forward! 

Just now, USFRaider said:

Agreed.  No Leavitt, No Taggart.  The only reason they seem appealing is because Strong is so bad.

Which is friggin saying something 😂

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I’m not sure Willie was ever even a Tread

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Vivadiscordia said:

Taggart has always been a poor coach, with a losing record, and no bowl wins. Quinton and Mack carried him to Oregon, and then somehow FSU made the single most stupid hiring decision of all time. 

Taggart, or someone on his staff, was responsible for bringing Q and Mack here. That may not have happened without him. That was the best offense we've ever seen here. Not saying we should bring him back, but he helped turned this program around. Would it kill you to give the guy a little credit?

He got a REALLY quick hook at FSU. Not often you see a guy get canned that quickly with it being strictly performance related.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** son, I thought I disliked the dude but you just took it to another level. 😂😂😂. Not feeling bad at all for him. He is rich, let him eat his money and F off. 

preach GIF

I actually don’t dislike him at all. He has always been nice to me and he is unfortunately more than likely the second best head coach we have ever had. That doesn’t change the fact that he was a loser at western Kentucky, he was a loser here, he won his only year at Oregon and he was a loser at FSU. He has only been to one bowl game ever and he lost contributing to his life long record of losing. If you are over a decade into your coaching career and you are still a loser it probably has something to do with you. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I just want to say, as a USF and FSU graduate and active USF booster, I have seen enough of Willie's act.  I'll support our current coach until he is no longer in that role and then be prepared to move forward, not look back. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

FSU is a top 5 job.  I would go hard after Franklin at Penn St.

Class act with results.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

Taggart, or someone on his staff, was responsible for bringing Q and Mack here. That may not have happened without him. That was the best offense we've ever seen here. Not saying we should bring him back, but he helped turned this program around. Would it kill you to give the guy a little credit?

He got a REALLY quick hook at FSU. Not often you see a guy get canned that quickly with it being strictly performance related.

That game against Miami showed me that FSU is a total dumpster fire. They are a complete mess. Whoever takes over has their hands full 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

That's just the nature of football recruiting for you. Some players pan out, others don't. Some highly rated recruits don't live up to their hype, while other, low star prospects vastly outperform what's expected. You have no idea what you are getting until game day comes around.