• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

Everybody...take your seats...I have an announcement to make, "puc hates a thing."

Puc doesn’t like bad things; it’s shocking I know. A DR as successful as CWT would be in jail as DR death, a teacher would be working at an F school, a politician would be Beto and a restauranteur would be shut down by the health inspector. You are what your record says you are and remind me of CWT’s record again because I forget.

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Fail_Bus.gif.6c6da996f88e7fb09f7b04b7f5d8f044.gif

It never gets old

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We had far more talent than an FCS team the difference was CWT wasn’t coaching them down. Bad coaches need the talent level to be way above their competition to win any games good coaches can coach their teams up.

11-2 in 2016. Whatever it took to get to double digit wins, I'll take it. He and his staff put together a very good offense, and had all the pieces working perfectly. I'm glad he made a stop here. There may have been no Q, Mack, or Adams without him. Ended up working out well for CWT and the three players I mentioned, who all made NFL rosters, however brief...

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

11-2 in 2016. Whatever it took to get to double digit wins, I'll take it. He and his staff put together a very good offense, and had all the pieces working perfectly. I'm glad he made a stop here. There may have been no Q, Mack, or Adams without him. Ended up working out well for CWT and the three players I mentioned, who all made NFL rosters, however brief...

He coached a decade it happened exactly once, what happened the other 9 years? Let’s talk about it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Never Taggart again. He didn't give a **** about USF and he made no attempt to hide it. He deliberately trashed us those first two years which was obvious via his game management. Sucks he got fired inside of two years at FSU, but as far as returning here, he can kick rocks. 

• Upvote 2

I would also mention that Q was being recruited at other positions than QB. Taggart was one of the few who gave him a chance at that position, and eventually built an offense that Q was able to shine in. It literally seemed custom built for Flowers. We may have never heard of Flowers had he went elsewhere as a DB or slot receiver. Some of you say Flower made Taggs. It could be argued both ways. Whatever the case, it worked out well here for both.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I would also mention that Q was being recruited at other positions than QB. Taggart was one of the few who gave him a chance at that position, and eventually built an offense that Q was able to shine in. It literally seemed custom built for Flowers. We may have never heard of Flowers had he went elsewhere as a DB or slot receiver. Some of you say Flower made Taggs. It could be argued both ways. Whatever the case, it worked out well here for both.

It’s amazing the latitude to get creative being a loser knocking on fired’s door gives you over anyone with even a winning record.

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He coached a decade it happened exactly once, what happened the other 9 years? Let’s talk about it.

We've been talking about it. He took over crap situations that weren't going to be fixed instantly. You are normally going to accumulate some Ls in rebuilds. 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Using that logic, I'm not sure why CCS could do better this year with all the talent he left for himself from last year. This team was ranked last year too.

CCS is an entirely different argument, but CWT took the program from really bad, to good. He took some lumps along the way for sure, but eventually changed the offense to fit the talent, and he is ultimately responsible for turning it around here in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

We've been talking about it. He took over crap situations that weren't going to be fixed instantly. You are normally going to accumulate some Ls in rebuilds. 

That excuse apparently has a shelf life of just under 10 years. He took bad situations, made them worse and then left the first time he was even close to moderately successful. He is the kid that always takes his ball and goes home because if the game played out he loses every single time at every single place against every single form of competition. You are what your record says you are and sadly with years and years of data CWT’s says that he is a loser.

Edited by puc86