• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wanted Strong to succeed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

50 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

One nice thing CCS has done is made me apathetic towards the team. Last weekend I was only able to catch the 4th quarter and yesterday I decided to have a last minute day trip and take the dogs to SD to go to the beach. I kind of enjoy getting out on Saturdays, although I hope we have a coach next year that makes it worth it to sit at home and drink all day on fall Saturdays once again. This season is lost so I may as well do things that bring me joy because right now USF football ain’t it. 

I get why some would do this. Everyone is different. I will continue to watch no matter what and if I lived in Tampa I would continue to go to games. My support for the team is predicated on my love of the university. We suck donkey **** and will be lucky to win one more but again, for me, it’s tough to stay away because of the above factor. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get why some would do this. Everyone is different. I will continue to watch no matter what and if I lived in Tampa I would continue to go to games. My support for the team is predicated on my love of the university. We suck donkey **** and will be lucky to win one more but again, for me, it’s tough to stay away because of the above factor. 

I get it and I was that way through Skip and Taggs down years. I would go out of my way to make sure I was home on Saturdays at game time, now I’m not going to pass up opportunity’s to do other things that bring me enjoyment because watching this football team brings me none at the moment. If I’m home I’ll watch, if I was in Tampa I’d probably use my season tickets, just like I do for the local Vegas USL team who has been trash since inception last year, I will continue to have season tickets and attend games as attending brings me joy I will not watch when they are on the road because it brings me 0 joy. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

I just like how everyone called me crazy for saying he should be fired last year during middle of the season. I knew this was going to happen. 

Edited by Thebullsfan
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I get it and I was that way through Skip and Taggs down years. I would go out of my way to make sure I was home on Saturdays at game time, now I’m not going to pass up opportunity’s to do other things that bring me enjoyment because watching this football team brings me none at the moment. If I’m home I’ll watch, if I was in Tampa I’d probably use my season tickets, just like I do for the local Vegas USL team who has been trash since inception last year, I will continue to have season tickets and attend games as attending brings me joy I will not watch when they are on the road because it brings me 0 joy. 

We have a great time tailgating with out friends,  However, we get no joy paying $1000 for our season tickets on a fixed income and watching this product on the field while CCS gets millions.  as I said in another post, we won't renew if he is still here when this season is over.  we will continue to support WBB

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, snarling Bull said:

We have a great time tailgating with out friends,  However, we get no joy paying $1000 for our season tickets on a fixed income and watching this product on the field while CCS gets millions.  as I said in another post, we won't renew if he is still here when this season is over.  we will continue to support WBB

So my question would be, what about downgrading? I can only use the Lights as my example as they’re local, I spent $3,200 on my pair of tickets this year in “Pitch Level VIP” which was basically diamond club in baseball but for soccer. I enjoyed the seats and the perks and everything but the price tag for the product did not make sense. I downgraded to midfield seats for $700 for the season for the pair. With those savings I put down deposits for the Vegas Aces WNBA team and UNLV Football(closest thing I can get to affording to see a football game in the new Raiders stadium). I’ll continue to keep my pair of seats to USF football regardless, even though I haven’t attended a game in Tampa since 2009, but it’s my way of supporting university, it’s also about half of your investment. 

Everyone should spend their time and money how they choose and hopefully doing so on things they enjoy. If the enjoyment factor does not correspond to the cost, I agree find other alternatives. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,382
  • Days Won:  25

I want him to succeed at getting a new job. I have nothing against him personally, but the product he created speaks for itself.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

4 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

This is the reality for many of us die hards. Talking to my ticket rep a couple weeks ago and he basically apologized for the product on the field and said he hoped we will renew and stick with them through thick and thin.  Out on Fowler Ave they obviously are concerned about a big drop in season tickets for next season unless something changes soon. 

Yeah.  They have to be worried.  Last year they were able to use that gimmick of “renew before the gasparilla bowl and get free bowl tickets to the bowl we backed into.”  This year what are they gonna do?  Maybe they can say if we get 75% to renew before December ends we get a new head coach.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

18 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The year after the Lightning won the cup, they lost to Ottawa in the first or second round of the playoffs.

There was no season the year after they won the Cup, sadly. 
And for those charting, I’ve upped my game from grammatical corrections to factual corrections. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

I just like how everyone called me crazy for saying he should be fired last year during middle of the season. I knew this was going to happen. 

That’s because calling to actually fire a coach a year and a half in, especially with the record at that point, WAS ******* crazy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I want him to succeed at getting a new job. I have nothing against him personally, but the product he created speaks for itself.

I don’t think he will be hired again...EVER!