• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wanted Strong to succeed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I was ready to finally love a coach again and now my heart is forever sealed

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Now that’s something I can’t get behind. I’ll never want our team to lose and I don’t care how bad the circumstances are. 

I’d rather have some short term pain instead of years of suffering. As long as strong is here we will suffer. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I honestly have no words at this point.... McCloud had no business being on that field today... from the first drive you can tell he was not healthy and the announcers saw it pre-game.... how do our coaches not see it?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I’m sure we all did. But I wanted it even since after we won the SC State game. A lot on here were done with him well before then, and now I don’t blame you. I’m done defending him. I’m not being negative, just realistic. I’d love for someone to convince me otherwise that Strong isn’t just out there filling space while he collects millions.  It’s been since October 29th, 2016 since this man has beaten a team with a winning record. While he wasn’t even at USF. Week after week we look unprepared against teams with a pulse. I’ll continue to support USF football. I’ll go to games, I’ll renew my season tickets, but I can’t advocate for Strong being the head coach anymore. I’m done. 

I thought Strong was a good hire. I thought we had a subsidized tier 1 coach who would take the best team we ever had to the next level and worst case was we win the conference and get a big bowl and he leaves. However he couldn't get that team to the promised land and we look worse and worse with less and less discipline. Last year's collapse killed fan momentum and wins against SCSU, UCONN and BYU aren't going to bring the fans back.

His game management is, to be kind, inept.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Skingraft said:

I honestly have no words at this point.... McCloud had no business being on that field today... from the first drive you can tell he was not healthy and the announcers saw it pre-game.... how do our coaches not see it?

I think we all asked the same question...Rygol came in and it looked night and day...what gives???

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

I’d rather have some short term pain instead of years of suffering. As long as strong is here we will suffer. 

I can understand your point of view. A lot of people have it. But it’s just not something I can get behind. You do your job in supporting this team, though. I mean you probably wouldn’t be on this message board if that weren’t the case. But I’d be much happier with us winning out than losing out. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Maybe Rygol will spark something but at this point we’ll be lucky to beat ECU. 

Strong's (or is it Bell's?) refusal to sit McCloud is  a problem. He clearly has confidence issues, is playing hurt, and is hopelessly inaccurate, especially on deep throw to open receivers. Limits our offense greatly. This could have been a very different looking game had we been able to connect on some of the deep throws. Seemed like McCloud could have broken his throwing arm, and they would have had him out there throwing short, left-handed passes. Quite frustrating to watch. Either Strong/Bell is extremely stubborn, or Rygol/Evans is really, really bad. At least give us a chance to connect on the occasional deep ball, and maybe open up the offense. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

What’s every harder to swallow about this game is that Rygol looked completely capable, yet he doesn’t go in until garbage time and you hear the whole game about how Strong “just doesn’t have anyone else to go in.”

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I can understand your point of view. A lot of people have it. But it’s just not something I can get behind. You do your job in supporting this team, though. I mean you probably wouldn’t be on this message board if that weren’t the case. But I’d be much happier with us winning out than losing out. 

The year after the Lightning won the cup, they lost to Ottawa in the first or second round of the playoffs. Torts after the game said, to paraphrase, "This might be good, if we kept winning it would have allowed us to pretend we didn't have the problems we have."

That's how I feel about the wins we are getting and if we were to get more wins, they'll allow us, and administration to ignore the very real issues the program has.

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

What’s every harder to swallow about this game is that Rygol looked completely capable, yet he doesn’t go in until garbage time and you hear the whole game about how Strong “just doesn’t have anyone else to go in.”

Strong sure sold the announcers a bill of goods.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847

The thing that stings is we're paying a guy 2.6 mil and we have what? 15k season ticket holders? We should never hire a retread again. Too risky if we can't get rid of them. 

• Upvote 1