• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud was Really Hurt Last Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Throwing shade indicates, in this case to me anyway, that it's too early to fairly judge him one way or the other, not that he's doing good right now ....

Agreed. I am willing to see how this develops 

3 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

I know some people on here don’t care for the Daily Stampede but they have a guy in staff named Seth Varnadore. He used to coach football in HS and at some level in college I believe. On YouTube they post videos of him breaking down the schemes and game film. 

I recommend watching it. You can see improvement....you can also see things that are wide open that the qb didn’t see...it can be rough at times but I think this offense can become something. Just go watch and listen to what he talks about. If anything it was awesome to see knowledgeable talk and detailed breakdown about USF football. 

Search The Daily Stampede on YouTube. 

I saw the last two Tripp. You are right Seth does a great job. He has shown how the offensive line has become better and this was done with stacking the line and pulling the tackle on many plays. Seth also does an excellent job with defensive positioning. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, ForestBull said:

How many passes has Kerwin Bell dropped?

Does this one count? 

Image result for kerwin bell gif

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, ForestBull said:

How many passes has Kerwin Bell dropped?

As many as he has had thrown to him.

6 games in with players he did not recruit (and many who are here have marginal talent)  and you folks dumping on KB...typical of the “I want it now culture” culture. I sure as hell hope none of you are in charge of corporate evaluations wherever you work...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

I don't see anybody saying it's good, just that it's too early to write him off ....

19 hours ago, Skingraft said:

49-89, 624 yards. 8 TD and 5 Int.

That's bad...

Exactly.  Both can be true at the same time.  You have a new offensive system, a young and injured QB with some obvious tools. Anything can happen from here.  

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I have no issue with KB. I like him better than Gilbert, if for nothing else he seems more authentic and less hostile.  

My take is we are stuck with CCS this and next season, so whatever....KB, Gilbert, Mike Canales, it doesn't matter really, I still think long term, CCS is not the guy. 

The assistant coaches are coaching for jobs in 2021. If they do well, great, I am happy. If they don't. Oh well. It is like a game within a game. Once you have resigned yourself to your situation, it is actually entertaining. 

Edited by usf97

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

in charge of corporate evaluations wherever you work...

Some things never change with people, but the key is to figure out how to encourage everyone's potential and raw abilities in a positive way.  And yes, it's a long game.  Often times it's frustrating in corporate land and then you look back on the year and the team has accomplished crazy things you wouldn't believe.  The day to day has to be put in a realistic perspective methinks. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Most top level hires are expected to make immediate results and if you don’t care for that pressure you can always stay entry level but even then you would have some expectations of ability and progress should you like to make it thru your 90 days. Maybe in academia you can survive on theoretical achievements but here in the real world you should be expected to be measured by your results. The only reason we are discussing KB in detail is because his first 6 games are far below average we are a bottom quartile offense and even if our talent is lacking it’s not in the bottom quartile. KB came out of training expecting our offense to be humming with the talent he has in place, that it isn’t certainly leaves him open to criticism. Please let me know what random game you find acceptable to start acknowledging his incompetence.