• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud was Really Hurt Last Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Ckb Offense is nothing like Cwt or The one at Stanford. Like he stated it’s a pro spread offense. Has a pro style passing game with new plays every week but also has the spread run and screen game like he said. His QBs last year if you go to Valdosta state stats ran for over 1100 yards and 18 touchdowns. Also thrown for 50 touchdowns. So no it’s nothing like cwt or Stanfords old school pro style. Ckb said when he took the job he has the first no huddle Pro spread system. If Q got to play in ckb’s Offense we would win the conference. Because he’s detailed. Not just play ground the way flowers was running around. Didn’t matter what play was called. 

All spreads are not exactly the same his spread is the antiquated one Spurrier  abandoned two decades ago mixed in with the Pro Style offense. This offense is an abortion and will have the same success rate as CWT's first attempt at an offense he was going to jam in here.  KB is an awful fit, his offense is offensively awful and his only redeeming quality is that he is not long for our world. He better adapt because the clock is ticking on his one shot of getting out of the DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII division he belongs in. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

KB is 25% thru his entire tenure he will have here, he is throwing himself away by saying he is going to throw tds early and often and instead has created the 110th passing team in the nation. Expect more. 

I can also see flashes of how it can work even with the current players, so I want to see see more before expecting more.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I can also see flashes of how it can work even with the current players, so I want to see see more before expecting more.

How long do you think you should get when you come to a place and say i am going to make you one of the best at something and instead of making it one of the best you make it one of the absolute worst? If there was progress we should see some sort of incremental change but outside of UConn and South Carolina State  we have absolutely zero passing offense, actually zero would be better we have a passing system that is a detriment to our entire team, KB and his scheme are negative equity and if he just disappeared we would be better served by playing sandlot football.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

we have absolutely zero passing offense

I think last week would have added to that a lot, but the injuries at QB are obviously limiting at the moment.  I am curious to see if the protection comes together enough.  I think McCloud has all the tools to get it done!  Not being able to grip the ball is not a scenario I would project off of into the future.  The sample size is not big enough yet.  I've seen receivers run open, and I've seen him hit them at times after running for his life from the pass rush.  Not to mention some sharp passes in the GT game.  Again, I am working off of a tiny sample size so it seems silly to throw dirt on everyone already.  The defense is also showing flashes.  It's a team game, so every improvement in each area is going to build off of each other.  It's possible this comes together at the real super bowl at the end of the season.  OR the wheels could keep falling off.  I don't think I've seen enough yet this season to know.  

I do think the gametime decision making and clock management can lose us some close games for sure, so that scares me more than any "system" that is still being installed.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

Even With us playing a great Wisconsin defense and struggling hitting open receivers with a young qb , we are tied for 3rd in the conference in touchdown passes. That’s with mccloud missing easy ones because he got hurt. UConn he missed some easy ones also. If he can get healthy and play better we will keep getting better. If not then it won’t be intill next year if bell can get a qb. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I think everyone is throwing dirt on McCloud and KB waaaaaay too early.  It's funny.

49-89, 624 yards. 8 TD and 5 Int.

That's bad...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I think everyone is throwing dirt on McCloud and KB waaaaaay too early.  It's funny.

27 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

49-89, 624 yards. 8 TD and 5 Int.

That's bad...

I don't see anybody saying it's good, just that it's too early to write him off ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Would Rygol or Evans step in if McCloud can't make it through the Navy game?

Rygol was warming up last Saturday but I imagine they gave Evans some extensive work at qb this week ...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't see anybody saying it's good, just that it's too early to write him off ....

No one is saying they are writing them off, but throwing shade would indicate hes doing good and people are not recognizing it

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I wish he had simply not improved it but he has completely driven it into the ground as bad as CWT came in and improved CSH's three win team to a two win team including a loss to a team from such a low level of football that Kerwin Bell could have coached there. Then for years all we heard was just wait until CWT gets his players and you will see how he turns it around and makes us the new Stanford of the East Coast. That day never came because running that nonsense here with our players will get you to .500. KB's offense is the same thing he and his offense are a complete and utter waste of time that will be gone long before it ever miracles its way to success. This is not KBs fault it is our fault for hiring him but he needs to be someone else with a new scheme and he needs to do it in a hurry because the clock is ticking on him and  CCS and he needs to be more prolific starting 7 weeks ago. 

Can tell in 6 games that this will not work? I call BS. You may be right but with only 6 games the sample is not large enough...especially with a first year QB. Based on the changes and personnel your expectations are unrealistic. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull