• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud was Really Hurt Last Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

You could take it as Bell is making proper adjustments. The offense always plays better near the end of games than the beginning. But that might go against the 'Bell sucks' narrative that you have

There is no way you actually believe that; KBs offense as he attempts to run it has looked serviceable exactly twice against the two FCS level schools we have faced and running it would have been the game plan for any other person facing BYU sans us and we didn’t even make the adjustment out of the gate at half, we ran because we physically had no other option not because we made an adjustment.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

You could take it as Bell is making proper adjustments. The offense always plays better near the end of games than the beginning. But that might go against the 'Bell sucks' narrative that you have

Trust me Puc won’t take it that way...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

Mccloud ran around a lot in high school. Ckb has been running a lot of max protections and quick passing game. Mccloud needs to get rid of the ball. First play of the game last week was a pass quick to running back. He threw it in the ground! You can tell ckb is game planing and doing everything to help the young qb be successful. Even sprinting him out and went run heavy with 2 tight ends last week. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There is no way you actually believe that; KBs offense as he attempts to run it has looked serviceable exactly twice against the two FCS level schools we have faced and running it would have been the game plan for any other person facing BYU sans us and we didn’t even make the adjustment out of the gate at half, we ran because we physically had no other option not because we made an adjustment.

That’s not true. And power 5 usc and Tennessee struggled vs BYU defense with better players. Obviously ckb kept running the ball and actually we did have other options. Ckb ran a lot of play action passes and the young Qb missed them because he was hurt. They were wide open multiple times.

4 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

That’s not true. And power 5 usc and Tennessee struggled vs BYU defense with better players. Obviously ckb kept running the ball and actually we did have other options. Ckb ran a lot of play action passes and the young Qb missed them because he was hurt. They were wide open multiple times.

What were the other options? 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I knew that by the look of pain on his face on the sideline...I was yelling to put the Rygol in and just stick to the run...

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What were the other options? 

I don’t know you tell me ? We don’t have guys as of now that are good in space. Ford is suspended. I don’t care if ckb runs it with 2 tight ends successfully or throws it every down with 5 receivers on the field. Whatever he thinks is the best way to move the ball and win. Obviously ckb went run heavy because the young qb was hurt and wanted to take it out of his hands. Tennessee or usc couldn’t even run the ball as well vs BYU. Why  they lost. I think ckb is coaching and doing whatever he can to play to Mccloud strength and the defenses weaknesses which is what great Oc’s do. We had more receivers running open than usc and Tennessee did and Tennessee has one of the highest paid Oc’s and usc is suppose to have one of the top up up and coming Oc’s that runs the air raid. 

44 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

I don’t know you tell me ? We don’t have guys as of now that are good in space. Ford is suspended. I don’t care if ckb runs it with 2 tight ends successfully or throws it every down with 5 receivers on the field. Whatever he thinks is the best way to move the ball and win. Obviously ckb went run heavy because the young qb was hurt and wanted to take it out of his hands. Tennessee or usc couldn’t even run the ball as well vs BYU. Why  they lost. I think ckb is coaching and doing whatever he can to play to Mccloud strength and the defenses weaknesses which is what great Oc’s do. We had more receivers running open than usc and Tennessee did and Tennessee has one of the highest paid Oc’s and usc is suppose to have one of the top up up and coming Oc’s that runs the air raid. 

If I said there was no other option but to run because the last qb willing to still go back into the game said “hey coach can we please start running the ball” why would I have to come up with more options?
Also let’s try a thought experiment let’s say you are facing a qb that can’t throw more than 50 yds but the OC keeps running go routs past that mark at which point the defensive backs stop dead allowing them to run free would it be the QBs fault that he can’t hit the wide open receivers ? And if he was actually hitting them do you think they would continue to be wide open?

When it comes to actually converting passing plays KB and his turn the ball over faster offense is ranked 110th and at the end of the day what you actually accomplish with the team you actually have is all that maters, not what people wish you could do or pretend they see in some theoretical alternative universe.

KB is on track to have one of the worst passing offenses we have ever had and this is hardly the worst tools or toughest schedules we have ever faced, the OC has no clothes and everyone pretending they see something are only doing so because they are embarrassed of buying into the DIiiii hype train.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

When we completely run out of QBs we should put KBs fat ass in and see how much he likes his get the QB murdered scheme.

uhhh, hasn't that always been USF's scheme?  Julmiste, Grothe, BJ, even Barnett ran a ton last year...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 minutes ago, PingBull said:

uhhh, hasn't that always been USF's scheme?  Julmiste, Grothe, BJ, even Barnett ran a ton last year...

Barnett was hurt last year because he ran. same is probably true for Mccloud.

some guys are built to take the hits. others aren't. BJ, Flowers, Julmiste were solid enough to take them. Grothe was shifty enough although I believe he was hurt on a designed run.