• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCloud was Really Hurt Last Week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

"Take time with a wounded hand....."

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I don't buy the no clothes argument because both this year and last year the lines have been trash. Had the line been even 10% better last year we don't go on a six game losing streak to end the season, had the line been 20% better it's almost a guarantee we still compete for a conference championship, and a lot of that comes from Blake Barnett getting David Carr'd last year. We know what he's capable of, but he's been hit so many times that he hears footsteps coming even when they aren't. He has the talent, the GT game last year proved it-he's just been sacked so often he doesn't have any trust in his pocket being secure and so his throws end up being terrible. I will give you that Darveau shouldn't have shuffled the line, a lot of young guys got early playing time last year and they should have been able to stay and learn the position they were playing. 

Now McCloud comes along, he hasn't been sacked into oblivion, and until his hand gets injured he actually looked relatively competent (for a freshmen at least). I will give you that he looked awful against SMU, but really-who didn't in starter vs starter action? BYU of course he was injured but I still saw the smart pocket awareness I expected. Had his hand been 100% I suspect we would have rolled BYU, because those deep shots to McDoom are on target. 

As is, if he's 100% on Saturday then Navy can load the box all they want, I suspect we can dump it off to Wilcox and Mathis until they finally back off. I suspect we will be much more balanced on Saturday. 

We shall see, I suppose there has to be a first time for everything. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

His offense here is awful, this is 100 percent his fault and his responsibility,  

I'm no fan of what I've seen so far of his offense but it's not 100% his fault.  He inherited shaky o line, no QB depth, and WRs with the dropsies.  Our most hyped player (not named Wilcox) has been sitting out every game as punishment for something.  

Obviously he has to be able to adapt, he needs to recognize weaknesses sooner, etc etc...but he didn't screw up something good the way our last OC stunted the gulf coast offense via HB dives.  Instead he took over an offense on a 6 game losing streak, and simply hasn't improved it yet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Should have kept our OC from the CWT days.... McCloud's numbers are anemic at best but the defense and run game stepping up has really helped keep us from the bottom of the ******. KB gets a partial pass this year but McCloud is just not a good passer, regardless if it is injury or scheme, he is just not effective through the air.

This being said, he is  RS freshman learning a new system, so he has a great amount of room to grow and improve. As of right now though.... I cringe when he's in passing downs

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Should have kept our OC from the CWT days.... McCloud's numbers are anemic at best but the defense and run game stepping up has really helped keep us from the bottom of the ******. KB gets a partial pass this year but McCloud is just not a good passer, regardless if it is injury or scheme, he is just not effective through the air.

This being said, he is  RS freshman learning a new system, so he has a great amount of room to grow and improve. As of right now though.... I cringe when he's in passing downs

Well we had someone that had an okay arm and KB killed him 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

I think everyone is throwing dirt on McCloud and KB waaaaaay too early.  It's funny.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I'm no fan of what I've seen so far of his offense but it's not 100% his fault.  He inherited shaky o line, no QB depth, and WRs with the dropsies.  Our most hyped player (not named Wilcox) has been sitting out every game as punishment for something.  

Obviously he has to be able to adapt, he needs to recognize weaknesses sooner, etc etc...but he didn't screw up something good the way our last OC stunted the gulf coast offense via HB dives.  Instead he took over an offense on a 6 game losing streak, and simply hasn't improved it yet.

I wish he had simply not improved it but he has completely driven it into the ground as bad as CWT came in and improved CSH's three win team to a two win team including a loss to a team from such a low level of football that Kerwin Bell could have coached there. Then for years all we heard was just wait until CWT gets his players and you will see how he turns it around and makes us the new Stanford of the East Coast. That day never came because running that nonsense here with our players will get you to .500. KB's offense is the same thing he and his offense are a complete and utter waste of time that will be gone long before it ever miracles its way to success. This is not KBs fault it is our fault for hiring him but he needs to be someone else with a new scheme and he needs to do it in a hurry because the clock is ticking on him and  CCS and he needs to be more prolific starting 7 weeks ago. 

Just now, Rocky Style said:

I think everyone is throwing dirt on McCloud and KB waaaaaay too early.  It's funny.

KB is 25% thru his entire tenure he will have here, he is throwing himself away by saying he is going to throw tds early and often and instead has created the 110th passing team in the nation. Expect more. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Would Rygol or Evans step in if McCloud can't make it through the Navy game?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I wish he had simply not improved it but he has completely driven it into the ground as bad as CWT came in and improved CSH's three win team to a two win team including a loss to a team from such a low level of football that Kerwin Bell could have coached there. Then for years all we heard was just wait until CWT gets his players and you will see how he turns it around and makes us the new Stanford of the East Coast. That day never came because running that nonsense here with our players will get you to .500. KB's offense is the same thing he and his offense are a complete and utter waste of time that will be gone long before it ever miracles its way to success. This is not KBs fault it is our fault for hiring him but he needs to be someone else with a new scheme and he needs to do it in a hurry because the clock is ticking on him and  CCS and he needs to be more prolific starting 7 weeks ago. 

Ckb Offense is nothing like Cwt or The one at Stanford. Like he stated it’s a pro spread offense. Has a pro style passing game with new plays every week but also has the spread run and screen game like he said. His QBs last year if you go to Valdosta state stats ran for over 1100 yards and 18 touchdowns. Also thrown for 50 touchdowns. So no it’s nothing like cwt or Stanfords old school pro style. Ckb said when he took the job he has the first no huddle Pro spread system. If Q got to play in ckb’s Offense we would win the conference. Because he’s detailed. Not just play ground the way flowers was running around. Didn’t matter what play was called.