• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adidas vs UA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Unfortunately they are all out west now...

Even more people who the U won't help, but as you pointed out with your doctor, USF wouldn't help any better.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Being forced to switch from industry cadillac Under Armour to industry Gremlin Adidas was a huge sign of how far we have fallen. 

If you like the appearance Adidas stuff, let me know what part of town you live in. I've got referrals for some great Ophthalmologists and Psychiatrists. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

6 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Being forced to switch from industry cadillac Under Armour to industry Gremlin Adidas was a huge sign of how far we have fallen. 

If you like the appearance Adidas stuff, let me know what part of town you live in. I've got referrals for some great Ophthalmologists and Psychiatrists. 

I don’t think so. If you look what’s going on Adidas is taking over several universities, taking away business from under armor.

Adidas is the new hotness.

https://news.yahoo.com/limited-edition-adidas-sneakers-reselling-195420416.html

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Notable Adidas colleges: Arizona State, CMU, Indiana, Kansas, ECU, Miami, Miss St., NC State, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Tulsa, and Washington.

Notable UA colleges: Auburn, Boston College, California, Cincinnati, Maryland, Navy, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Temple, Texas Tech, UCLA, and Wisconsin.

I wouldnt say that UA's list of colleges are better than Adidas. Nike on the other hand (Air force, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Boise St., BYU, Clemson, Colorado, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa state, Kentucky, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Michigan st., Minnesota, Missouri, UNC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon St., Penn State, Pitt, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, Syracuse, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, UCF, Uconn, UNLV, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia tech, Wake Forest, and West Virginia) would be the gold standard. Anything other than Nike is second class judging by that list. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,263
  • Days Won:  25

Under Armour had more variety for the shirts, polo, and jackets for the fans. I also liked their jerseys better. SOFLO is still the best looking jersey ever. In my opinion the Adidas ones look cheap, high school style, and lack any swagger.
Image result for usf soflo uniforms
Image result for usf soflo uniforms

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

I don’t think so. If you look what’s going on Adidas is taking over several universities, taking away business from under armor.

Adidas is the new hotness.

https://news.yahoo.com/limited-edition-adidas-sneakers-reselling-195420416.html

Disagreed, fully. Firstly, UA had to break into the market as the most recent company to join the table. It takes time and patience to convince athletics departments which have been using the same supplier for years to make a switch when everything is peachy keen for them already. Secondly, UA had to build capital, as those contracts are a business decision to throw money at universities for sports programs (not just free gear/supplies but lots of money annually) in order to profit on the back end by producing the gear fans will buy. When UA broke on the scene their strategy was to find bargain deals on Athletics departments on upward trajectories (read: football team success) whose fanbases would be excited to buy lots of gear, but they went after schools they wouldn't have to open the purse for too greatly, which is why the list above appears as it does. Their bet was that would parlay into making money on those programs while showing off what they can produce, and they could work on the more established programs in the meantime while building capital and generating buzz. 

With our Athletics department regressing, we were no longer a good bet to make them money. The Adidas contract was the only company willing to work with us... UA dropped us, and when Adidas offered, UA didn't even want to match it. You see, liking Adidas is not just a style choice, it is also being complicit with the utter failure to rise from mediocrity and subsequent regression the Athletics department has suffered over the past decade. 

And btw.... The Adidas contract is for much less money, not to mention how generic their gear is in comparison to UA. They tossed out a lowball figure/offer for our school and we took it due to lack of options. Read: companies did not see USF as a good investment. 

How can anyone on this forum be happy with that... 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

You see, liking Adidas is not just a style choice, it is also being complicit with the utter failure to rise from mediocrity and subsequent regression the Athletics department has suffered over the past decade. 

How does our contract compare with other G5 programs? You can piss and moan all you want about utter failures and subsequent regression of the Athletics department but the last UA contract was signed when we were a BCS school. What matters is how our contract compares to our peers before claiming it's something the forum shouldn't be happy about .... and maybe it does suck in comparison but you can't compare it to something we had at a higher level so some relevant data could help stoke those flames of forum unhappiness.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

How does our contract compare with other G5 programs? You can piss and moan all you want about utter failures and subsequent regression of the Athletics department but the last UA contract was signed when we were a BCS school. What matters is how our contract compares to our peers before claiming it's something the forum shouldn't be happy about .... and maybe it does suck in comparison but you can't compare it to something we had at a higher level so some relevant data could help stoke those flames of forum unhappiness.

Boise - 6 yrs. $12.16 million Nike

That's the extent of my research.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Give me Champion clothing all day long. It’s cheap, sold at every Walmart, and survives no more than three washings and still looks good...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1