• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adidas vs UA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, Triple B said:

How does our contract compare with other G5 programs? You can piss and moan all you want about utter failures and subsequent regression of the Athletics department but the last UA contract was signed when we were a BCS school. What matters is how our contract compares to our peers before claiming it's something the forum shouldn't be happy about .... and maybe it does suck in comparison but you can't compare it to something we had at a higher level so some relevant data could help stoke those flames of forum unhappiness.

University of Cincinnati discloses details of $47M Under Armour deal

https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/threads_and_laces/2015/04/university-of-cincinnati-discloses-details-of-47.html

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

$47M

Oh my goodness. Oh my dayum.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

Just that I would not typically make 30 year investments into something that will at best break even to renting and has zero ways to go liquid should football or the P6 model prove no longer viable. People typically build stadiums because they feel they have to not because they ever feel they want to. Someone will inevitably point out renting vs buying a home and ignore that the payoff for home ownership is when you get to sell the home and recoup some of your investment, the value of a stadium on the USF campus to anyone that is not trying to field a college football team at USF is somewhere close to zero dollars. Did I mention that professional teams that are worth Billions of dollars make sure not only to not buy stadiums but to also not even have them given to them and prefer to lease them? The reason is owning a stadium is a horrible investment and should only be considered by desperate people in what they feel is a desperate situation.

You knew I was joking yet you wrote all that.  You are relentless.  We need to find you a job so you don't have so much spare time on your hands.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You knew I was joking yet you wrote all that.  You are relentless.  We need to find you a job so you don't have so much spare time on your hands.  

Everyone needs a hobby and a vice or two or three (this is pretty cheap, keeps me entertained enough, isn’t something real enough to drive a person insane fretting about, has been with me longer than my wife, my kid and most of my friends and my wife tolerates it). 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Everyone needs a hobby and a vice or two or three (this is pretty cheap, keeps me entertained enough, isn’t something real enough to drive a person insane fretting about, has been with me longer than my wife, my kid and most of my friends and my wife tolerates it). 

But it seems if may be more addictive than bourbon for you.  :D

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

But it seems if may be more addictive than bourbon for you.  :D

I love scotch but I think it doesn’t seem to love me as much. On a bad day on the Pen I could get a few downvotes. A bad day of scotch can get me divorced, in jail or dead. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I love scotch but I think it doesn’t seem to love me as much. On a bad day on the Pen I could get a few downvotes. A bad day of scotch can get me divorced, in jail or dead. 

Can you get all hopped up on scotch one night so we can see what it looks like when you get argumentative and opinionated?

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Can you get all hopped up on scotch one night so we can see what it looks like when you get argumentative and opinionated?

Trust me you have seen it; I am not a teetotaler I just know if I drank as much as I posted I couldn’t have a very serviceable life. Of all the things I do as a pastime this one seems to be the one with the fewest opportunities for consequences or lack of enjoyment.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Basketball Jones said:

Was actually wondering how long before someone brought that up. UConn also has a pretty good deal with Nike  .... and what do both those schools have in common, that they don't have with us? They were both nationally branded because of basketball before joining the Big East, in UConn's case joining for football. There's no comparison to make with USF here.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

37 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Trust me you have seen it; I am not a teetotaler I just know if I drank as much as I posted I couldn’t have a very serviceable life. Of all the things I do as a pastime this one seems to be the one with the fewest opportunities for consequences or lack of enjoyment.

So we suffer for your aversion to consequences and lack of enjoyment .............. wonderful.