• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adidas vs UA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So we suffer for your aversion to consequences and lack of enjoyment .............. wonderful.

That’s one way to look at if you want to be a Debbie Downer about the whole thing, but no one likes those kinds of people.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s one way to look at if you want to be a Debbie Downer about the whole thing, but no one likes those kinds of people.

I felt bad right after I hit Submit Reply ...

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I felt bad right after I hit Submit Reply ...

There is no reason to feel bad, it made me laugh. I hope basketball brings with it a greater focus on things to be happy about with USF sports.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

On 10/7/2019 at 9:10 AM, FazaUSF said:

Disagreed, fully. Firstly, UA had to break into the market as the most recent company to join the table. It takes time and patience to convince athletics departments which have been using the same supplier for years to make a switch when everything is peachy keen for them already. Secondly, UA had to build capital, as those contracts are a business decision to throw money at universities for sports programs (not just free gear/supplies but lots of money annually) in order to profit on the back end by producing the gear fans will buy. When UA broke on the scene their strategy was to find bargain deals on Athletics departments on upward trajectories (read: football team success) whose fanbases would be excited to buy lots of gear, but they went after schools they wouldn't have to open the purse for too greatly, which is why the list above appears as it does. Their bet was that would parlay into making money on those programs while showing off what they can produce, and they could work on the more established programs in the meantime while building capital and generating buzz. 

With our Athletics department regressing, we were no longer a good bet to make them money. The Adidas contract was the only company willing to work with us... UA dropped us, and when Adidas offered, UA didn't even want to match it. You see, liking Adidas is not just a style choice, it is also being complicit with the utter failure to rise from mediocrity and subsequent regression the Athletics department has suffered over the past decade. 

Adidas has the 4,5, and 9th highest contracts in college sports.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/08/25/where-does-louisville-new-adidas-rank-among-college-program-sponsorships/600528001/

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Is one of thesr USF? Oh wait..... We get less than 2% the average P5 program to deal with dogshit gear...... 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Bad timing when contract was up. USF fans are finally waking up out of that hang over from being removed from the Big East days. Everything was depressing as UCF was happy as can be getting into AAC while USF, UConn and Cincy were depressed to be part of it. Now many years have passed and you can just feel and see how many more USF fans are showing up. This will bode well for next contract negotiations. Until then, I’m happy with what we have as we didn’t have much leverage in the negotiations 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 10/7/2019 at 5:59 AM, TheAccountant said:

Notable Adidas colleges: Arizona State, CMU, Indiana, Kansas, ECU, Miami, Miss St., NC State, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Tulsa, and Washington.

Notable UA colleges: Auburn, Boston College, California, Cincinnati, Maryland, Navy, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Temple, Texas Tech, UCLA, and Wisconsin.

I wouldnt say that UA's list of colleges are better than Adidas. Nike on the other hand (Air force, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Boise St., BYU, Clemson, Colorado, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa state, Kentucky, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Michigan st., Minnesota, Missouri, UNC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon St., Penn State, Pitt, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, Syracuse, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, UCF, Uconn, UNLV, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia tech, Wake Forest, and West Virginia) would be the gold standard. Anything other than Nike is second class judging by that list. 

UA’s list of colleges are years ahead of Adidas IMO. Notre Dame alone is a sweet coup for any major brand. How many Catholics live in America? Notre Dame is their go to sports school if mom and dad have no school affiliation. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Screw all of you...we should go with Nike...that’s right I said it...

50 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Screw all of you...we should go with Nike...that’s right I said it...

Sports Belle is the only legitimate uniform maker.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344