• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome atsKnight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Are you talking about USF or UCF right now? 

Ha! I tried to warn the UCF fans about the hype around Gabriel. I expect we have a couple more losses coming as he gets his sea legs. 

But I think the principles apply to all of us. But part of the fun in CFB is putting too much hope in potential. If we didn't have that, the field of programs would be much, much smaller. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,311
  • Days Won:  25

You can come back next week and keep the streak alive.

1 hour ago, atsKnight said:

Ha! I tried to warn the UCF fans about the hype around Gabriel. I expect we have a couple more losses coming as he gets his sea legs. 

But I think the principles apply to all of us. But part of the fun in CFB is putting too much hope in potential. If we didn't have that, the field of programs would be much, much smaller. 

Gabriel struggled a lot and the defense looks like it took a few steps back. PITT is a middle of the pack ACC team who happens to be on the weak side. They get a divisional title for being better than the below average programs on their side. Losing to them isn't the end of the world, but they are not a top 25 team. Now UCF will be back to reality and the" national championship talk" and  regular season streak is over. Hopefully your fans don't abandon the seats like they have in the past when the tides are not flowing their way.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Gabriel struggled a lot and the defense looks like it took a few steps back. PITT is a middle of the pack ACC team who happens to be on the weak side. They get a divisional title for being better than the below average programs on their side. Losing to them isn't the end of the world, but they are not a top 25 team. Now UCF will be back to reality and the" national championship talk" and  regular season streak is over. Hopefully your fans don't abandon the seats like they have in the past when the tides are not flowing their way.

Gabriel looks great for a freshman, but he's still a freshman. No one was talking playoff before the season, but he has the ceiling to get us there. But not freshman year, they're too easy to rattle. 

The defense didn't look that great to me against Stanford and historically our defense collapses when our offense stalls, so that wasn't a surprise. 

We'll see what happens with the fans. I think USF fans read too much into the empty stands during the winless season. I think you'll see a lot more resiliency in attendance than your average Bulls fan would expect. 

17 hours ago, atsKnight said:

Gabriel looks great for a freshman, but he's still a freshman. No one was talking playoff before the season, but he has the ceiling to get us there. But not freshman year, they're too easy to rattle. 

The defense didn't look that great to me against Stanford and historically our defense collapses when our offense stalls, so that wasn't a surprise. 

We'll see what happens with the fans. I think USF fans read too much into the empty stands during the winless season. I think you'll see a lot more resiliency in attendance than your average Bulls fan would expect. 

I think that is a fair assessment. Gabriel will have growing pains and McCloud will too. I think our teams are very similar this year in terms of offense developing under a new QB and questions on defense to be answered. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

12 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

When south florida was in the Big East, there were plenty of Bulls fans on UCF's message boards. Should be no big surprise that when the tables are turned, a few UCF fans venture over here. 

UCF fans have been infesting this board since before USF was in the Big East. Has nothing to do with tables being turned ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, SquareKnight said:

When south florida was in the Big East, there were plenty of Bulls fans on UCF's message boards. Should be no big surprise that when the tables are turned, a few UCF fans venture over here. 

It’s never a surprise when UCF fans show up begging for someone to pay attention to them.

Just now, SquareKnight said:

More like showing you who's the boss. Since we joined the same conference (where south florida didn't have the BCS advantage)...UCF is the boss. 

If you believed that, you wouldn’t be here.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

A UCF fans know they will not receive any validation on a USF site...therefore it would be  waste of time to come over here trying to get it.

This is payback for the south florida arrogance prior to and during your time in the Big East...nothing more. 

I’m pretty sure we tried to avoid you then too.

6 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

A UCF fans know they will not receive any validation on a USF site...therefore it would be  waste of time to come over here trying to get it.

This is payback for the south florida arrogance prior to and during your time in the Big East...nothing more. 

Burn?