• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome atsKnight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Now UCF can go cry national champs in the corner and become irrelevant.

Um, y'all might want to attack from a different direction. I don't think a lot of UCF fans are concerned about being irrelevant and I can read that a lot of USF fans are. And I get where they are coming from. 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, atsKnight said:

Am I to understand that your argument is that we lost to Pitt, therefore USF wouldn't benefit from an OCS?

I'm not trying to convince, I love the dedication to RayJay. Keep it up if it's working for you. 

It just means that it doesn’t seem to make a difference for success or being called up to the big leagues. Maybe there is some P5 conference out there that’s looking a team that owns their own tenement housing instead of rents a McMansion but I am not as convinced as you are that conference have as big of a hard on for endangering their fans, playing in mini stadiums that are always on the verge of falling apart. 

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It just means that it doesn’t seem to make a difference for success or being called up to the big leagues. Maybe there is some P5 conference out there that’s looking a team that owns their own tenement housing instead of rents a McMansion but I am not as convinced as you are that conference have as big of a hard on for endangering their fans, playing in mini stadiums that are always on the verge of falling apart. 

That sounds great. I love that you're convinced. As I said, things are working well for you, keep doing what works. 

8 hours ago, atsKnight said:

I keep trying to say the same thing, but it doesn't seem to come across. We continue to dole out unwanted advice because it's interesting to watch someone ignore good advice and then experience the consequences. What are their arguments? How will they react when the consequences are happening? Will they know or stay in denial? Once it becomes obvious, will they admit mistakes or stay in denial? Those are all interesting questions. Especially in a college football world where a lot of the same things happen every year and there's not as much variation as you would expect.

That's a fair point about success and hindsight. We'll never know that stuff fully. But to your point about the stadium, the same applies. You don't know the full story of our stadium, neither do I. And neither of us know exactly why it has filled now where it didn't before. But my version of the story is much different than yours, involving a lot more fan support and a lot less luck. Which is part of what makes USF's lack of fan support for an OCS that much more fascinating. 

My version of the story is the one your administration remembered as to why they did it but I’m sure all romanticized fables are closer to accurate https://www.pressreader.com/usa/orlando-sentinel/20170824/282080571961383

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

My version of the story is the one your administration remembered as to why they did it but I’m sure all romanticized fables are closer to accurate https://www.pressreader.com/usa/orlando-sentinel/20170824/282080571961383

Well don't believe in stupid fairy tales. Keep doing things the USF way and stay the course. 

I apologize for having a different version of the story. I'm just a delusional fan who follows a team that will now sink into irrelevancy now that we lost to Pitt.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

On 9/21/2019 at 1:53 PM, atsKnight said:

As a fan of a rival school, I love how much y'all love it. 

Good point but if & when USF gets OCS, it will be done right. 

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

Good point but if & when USF gets OCS, it will be done right. 

But how much are you missing out on by waiting until you can do it right? Our plan was to start cheap and upgrade. Granted, we lucked out that the cheapness of the stadium became a feature instead of a bug, but what would it hurt USF to do the incremental upgrade plan? If I were a USF fan, I would be really nervous that the program is crashing and fan support is catering at a really pivotal time in vollege athletics. I mean, any of us could turn into USM with enough bad years. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

21 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

But how much are you missing out on by waiting until you can do it right? Our plan was to start cheap and upgrade. Granted, we lucked out that the cheapness of the stadium became a feature instead of a bug, but what would it hurt USF to do the incremental upgrade plan? If I were a USF fan, I would be really nervous that the program is crashing and fan support is catering at a really pivotal time in vollege athletics. I mean, any of us could turn into USM with enough bad years. 

I see things differently right now. USF finally has a good OC and found their QB for next four years. Fan support is increasing under Michael Kelly. Both football and hoops teams are on the rise so I see good things on the horizon.

28 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I see things differently right now. USF finally has a good OC and found their QB for next four years. Fan support is increasing under Michael Kelly. Both football and hoops teams are on the rise so I see good things on the horizon.

Feel free to be optimistic, but I would be cautious in that if I were you, especially with a young QB.

I have many times gotten way too optimistic about a young QB being the future of the program only to root for his backup a year or even a couple games later. QBs look different when there's more tape on them. 

2 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Feel free to be optimistic, but I would be cautious in that if I were you, especially with a young QB.

I have many times gotten way too optimistic about a young QB being the future of the program only to root for his backup a year or even a couple games later. QBs look different when there's more tape on them. 

Are you talking about USF or UCF right now?