• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome atsKnight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m pretty sure we tried to avoid you then too.

No, he's right. When USF was in the Big East, there was a constant influx of USF fans. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, atsKnight said:

No, he's right. When USF was in the Big East, there was a constant influx of USF fans. 

I remember having so many that came here than we had to make a section of the board dedicated to it called the dumbgren, if USF fans went to your board I will have to take your word for it but I have my doubts too many from our side went slumming to your side.

Just now, puc86 said:

I remember having so many that came here than we had to make a section of the board dedicated to it called the dumbgren, if USF fans went to your board I will have to take your word for it but I have my doubts too many from our side went slumming to your side.

They weren't your average fan, more like the dumb twitter trolls we all have. But there were a ton of them, there was no twitterverse for them to live in, and Brandon let them run the free board. 

I think that's part of the reason internet UCF fans are so defensive, because every time we were down, there were more threads from trolls than fans at any given time. 

3 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

They weren't your average fan, more like the dumb twitter trolls we all have. But there were a ton of them, there was no twitterverse for them to live in, and Brandon let them run the free board. 

I think that's part of the reason internet UCF fans are so defensive, because every time we were down, there were more threads from trolls than fans at any given time. 

I would be bitter too but I don’t think I would then feel like going to another teams board it just seems like an odd thing to do to me. Maybe if someone was traveling to an away game and wanted advice but even then I think you should just google it.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I would be bitter too but I don’t think I would then feel like going to another teams board it just seems like an odd thing to do to me. Maybe if someone was traveling to an away game and wanted advice but even then I think you should just google it.

It's just another way to interact with other fans. Have you never invited an opposing fan to your tailgate? You talk about their team, where they're from, talk some trash. It's fun as long as it's respectful. 

But most UCF fans don't come here to get perspective. They come here to gloat because we think it's karma that USF tried to keep us down and bragged about it and now your program is in the ******. 

It's not exactly brotherly love, but the UCF fans I've seen around here haven't been too bad, but the bad ones might be taken care of by mods. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

33 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

They weren't your average fan, more like the dumb twitter trolls we all have.

Oh, so kind of like the ucf fans here now ....... 

1 hour ago, atsKnight said:

It's just another way to interact with other fans. Have you never invited an opposing fan to your tailgate? You talk about their team, where they're from, talk some trash. It's fun as long as it's respectful. 

But most UCF fans don't come here to get perspective. They come here to gloat because we think it's karma that USF tried to keep us down and bragged about it and now your program is in the ******. 

It's not exactly brotherly love, but the UCF fans I've seen around here haven't been too bad, but the bad ones might be taken care of by mods. 

Would I talk to another fan that I happen by in every day life? Sure, but that’s not quite the same as going out of my way to go to a place to talk to them specifically because they are a fan of another team.

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Would I talk to another fan that I happen by in every day life? Sure, but that’s not quite the same as going out of my way to go to a place to talk to them specifically because they are a fan of another team.

That's a fair point. I guess it's worth it to me because I'm always looking for interesting conversations. I'm guessing you're similar, since I see you bring up provocative points of view with other USF fans. 

But talking with other UCF fans can get boring when you all see things the same way. It just becomes an echo chamber. For me, it's worth it to make the effort to go to other boards because it's a much more interesting conversation. If CFB is all tribalism, I'm always interested in what the other tribes are thinking/saying.

9 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

That's a fair point. I guess it's worth it to me because I'm always looking for interesting conversations. I'm guessing you're similar, since I see you bring up provocative points of view with other USF fans. 

But talking with other UCF fans can get boring when you all see things the same way. It just becomes an echo chamber. For me, it's worth it to make the effort to go to other boards because it's a much more interesting conversation. If CFB is all tribalism, I'm always interested in what the other tribes are thinking/saying.

I guess that makes sense since sometimes I have now taken to fighting on this sub-board and I occasionally take positions on the main board  just to break up the echo chamber. I believe actively posting on another board isn’t a step I would take but I obviously appreciate the boredom that would lead to it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

This is payback for the south florida arrogance prior to and during your time in the Big East...nothing more.

Y'all have been here for over 15 years so that payback "excuse" is just so much ********. UCF fans have been obsessed with us for almost 2 decades and this is just a continuation of that ...... nothing more.

• Upvote 1