• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Welcome atsKnight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, atsKnight said:

It's an interesting conversation. Is it going to be more interesting to watch Pitt fans say the same stuff Stanford fans said a week ago? Any response to my hypothesis about your projection of your own insecurity?

And what's the Gordon Rule credit?

Gordon Rule is an academic thing.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, atsKnight said:

You should read the rest of that previous post after "I'm a big fan". We like to interact with rival fanbases to see how they'll react. We run things by them because we have a good idea of what works and what doesn't and it is interesting to watch other fanbases blindly defend their school's strategy or lack thereof. We did it with ECU, USM, Marshall, etc. 

It's not just our stuff, that's why UCF fans always weigh in on a USF OCS. We know it's a good idea and important for y'all, but it's fascinating to listen to fans defend RayJay. It gets more interesting the more obvious the effects get. 

So we're at the beginning stages of this process with the lazy river. It's almost certainly a good idea. But what are USF fans going to say? Oh, they think it's dumb, glad USF would never do this. Ok, we'll mark it down and check in later. Then you come back later and some are wondering why there isn't a USF lazy river but are shouted down. Later, we're celebrating all the good things the lazy river has brought and the tone here changes to, maybe we should have made a lazy river...

Just be patient, I've posted something like on other boards before. 

Edit: hiring Strong was immensely fascinating. USF were celebrating the hire, but UCF fans were celebrating more. We were debating whether it would set y'all back 4 or 6 years, depending on the buyout. The progression here from celebration to defeat has been obvious to some of you, as well, right?

As a media member I love Ray Jay. Wonderfully laid out stadium. 

Just now, Thebullsfan said:

As a spectator, I also love RJS.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Thebullsfan said:

As a fan of a rival school, I love how much y'all love it. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, atsKnight said:

Can't say I've ever interacted with him. But he has good info. All I know about his personality was that he seemed pretty happy to let some neo-nazis have their run of the board a few weeks ago. 

If you are respectful welcome. Most UCF fans are rude and have a false sense of entitlement. I hope you are not one of the delusional fans and have respect and common sense.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

I’m just confused how someone playing in an nfl stadium made it to the ACC and then beat a powerful P6 member that has their own pos OCS, odd to quite odd.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

Now UCF can go cry national champs in the corner and become irrelevant.

1 minute ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Now UCF can go cry national champs in the corner and become irrelevant.

So...carry on as usual?

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

8 hours ago, atsKnight said:

You should read the rest of that previous post after "I'm a big fan". We like to interact with rival fanbases to see how they'll react. We run things by them because we have a good idea of what works and what doesn't and it is interesting to watch other fanbases blindly defend their school's strategy or lack thereof. We did it with ECU, USM, Marshall, etc. 

It's not just our stuff, that's why UCF fans always weigh in on a USF OCS. We know it's a good idea and important for y'all, but it's fascinating to listen to fans defend RayJay. It gets more interesting the more obvious the effects get. 

So we're at the beginning stages of this process with the lazy river. It's almost certainly a good idea. But what are USF fans going to say? Oh, they think it's dumb, glad USF would never do this. Ok, we'll mark it down and check in later. Then you come back later and some are wondering why there isn't a USF lazy river but are shouted down. Later, we're celebrating all the good things the lazy river has brought and the tone here changes to, maybe we should have made a lazy river...

Just be patient, I've posted something like on other boards before. 

Edit: hiring Strong was immensely fascinating. USF were celebrating the hire, but UCF fans were celebrating more. We were debating whether it would set y'all back 4 or 6 years, depending on the buyout. The progression here from celebration to defeat has been obvious to some of you, as well, right?

You may be the respectful type, but as a guy who used to run the USF Rivals board, I’ve been at this for 20+ years and UCF “fans” have always been an internet scourge, long before your recent success. It’s funny, because before we had a program - during your Darrin Hinshaw/Culpepper days - I used to pull for you guys every weekend because I believed Gators fans to be the worst of the worst. It didn’t take long for you all to change my thinking on that.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I’m just confused how someone playing in an nfl stadium made it to the ACC and then beat a powerful P6 member that has their own pos OCS, odd to quite odd.

Am I to understand that your argument is that we lost to Pitt, therefore USF wouldn't benefit from an OCS?

I'm not trying to convince, I love the dedication to RayJay. Keep it up if it's working for you.