• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at Georgia Tech

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

How absurd is it that we pissed away opportunities for him to see the field last year so we could play Kean and Oladokan?

Go back to CCS' first year when he wouldn't have us blow teams out and the fans were screaming for it because it would have given time to the future(not-future) players. It's just not what he does.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

8 minutes ago, jinx66 said:

Applies to any player anywhere on the field including offense. 

• Did the player lead with the helmet, shoulder, or arm to attack with forcible contact to the head/neck area or with the crown of the helmet?

Clearly that’s what’s going on here.  Macon came in with the crown of his helmet which is anything above the facemask. 

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Go back to CCS' first year when he wouldn't have us blow teams out and the fans were screaming for it because it would have given time to the future(not-future) players. It's just not what he does.

And people around here couldn't understand the frustration with this and the foreshadowing

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, slick1ru2 said:
  • Did the player lead with the helmet, shoulder, or arm to attack with forcible contact to the head/neck area or with the crown of the helmet?

Clearly that’s what’s going on here. 

Glad you agree. Next time he should just lower his shoulder into the players knee and he won’t get a penalty. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  154

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

How absurd is it that we pissed away opportunities for him to see the field last year so we could play Kean and Oladokan?

the problem with that and what I said is that those decisions are always correct in hindsight. Before the game, I was on board with BB starting to see how he did in the first half. I was all in favor of McCloud in the second and for whatever reason-- they went with Evans instead-- and then put BB back in. Very confusing what the heck they were thinking there.

Oh well-=- on to the next game. I am not wasting another second thinking about this team or this game for several days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At least maybe we win the next game 

We'll win 7-3 because CCS calls off the dogs with 7 minutes left in Q1

Just now, MikeG said:

the problem with that and what I said is that those decisions are always correct in hindsight. Before the game, I was on board with BB starting to see how he did in the first half. I was all in favor of McCloud in the second and for whatever reason-- they went with Evans instead-- and then put BB back in. Very confusing what the heck they were thinking there.

Oh well-=- on to the next game. I am not wasting another second thinking about this team or this game for several days.

I get starting BB in current scenario, but there's no hindsight to playing McCloud some last season.  I was beating that drum last year along with others.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, jinx66 said:

Glad you agree. Next time he should just lower his shoulder into the players knee and he won’t get a penalty. 

How many times do you say offensive players call for targeting? The ones that are targeting people are on defense.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, slick1ru2 said:

How many times do you say offensive players call for targeting? The ones that are targeting people are on defense.

Sadly you don’t, but the rule is written to go both ways. Anyone that has played defense knows in that situation once you have committed and the offensive player lowers his head it’s too late. Should be a no call.