• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Most humiliating loss i've ever witnessed in person

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

I don't know that Georgia Tech is necessarily the measuring stick. Granted Wisconsin is the best team we'll play all year but the goal is to win a conference championship, no? Is a team that scored 0 points and gained under 200 yards in that game in a position to challenge in the conference?

I know, I know -- let the season play out and all that. But there's no reason to think that Charlie is going to turn this around.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Selective memory? We scored 30 or more in just 3 out of the first 30 games against FBS teams with Taggart as a coach. Then Flowers bailed him out. Then he got the hell out of dodge and now is leading FSU to historically (for them) bad seasons. 

It was still Taggarts offense. He put players in position to win

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

these are literally the same excuses & battered wife syndrome i've been hearing for a decade.

it's always someone blaming the fans because, god forbid, they expect their team to be COMPETITIVE. this wouldn't have been an embarrassment if the Bulls had lost even a moderately competitive game.

the expectation wasn't to blow out Wisconsin or even a win. it was to simply see a team that had made some "significant" personnel adjustments score a ******* point.

but no, we just have to eat this shizz sandwich & "hope for a CoNfErEnCe cHaMpiOnsHiP" because we aren't ALL 50+ year olds who remember the first game & the portables & CJL with his car lights on to practice after dark.

this has NOOOOOTHING to do with "immediate gratification" or "it's not fun like back in the 1800's when we walked 20 miles uphill both directions in the rain to watch them play in leather helmets."

the expectations were EXTREMELY low coming into this game. they literally couldn't have been lower. & as usual, the Bulls failed to meet even the lowest of standards. 

but it's the fans fault. we should have 22 more seasons of "just have fun, it's not whether u win or lose or even how u play the game" zero expectations, but USF's football program is going NOWHERE with a defeatist attitude like that....

except maybe back to 1997 as an FCS independent with trailers & car lights. I know a few people here would be delighted with all that "FUN!" & zero expectations.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

39 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

I don't know that Georgia Tech is necessarily the measuring stick.

Yea they are. We beat them last year. Both teams putting in a new offense. 

A close loss tells me we are in trouble..... a .500 season is being optimistic. 

A close win tells me we are maybe a .500 team.

A big loss tells me season over...goodbye Strong. 

A big win maybe a 8+ win season.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t think I saw one offensive play that looked like it was run as designed or could give me any clues as to what this offense is supposed to be. 

I don’t believe it is that bad but I saw no evidence that It could be as dynamic as it was advertised.

Hopefully is just a combination of Bad preparation, poor execution and terrible play calling

The offense wasn’t even competitive. 

But worst part was it looked like team gave up!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Watching this game had me wishing for the Thanos snap.

I made the joke before the game when they played the Avengers music.  I said well their running back is about to Thanos our team when the game starts lol

4 minutes ago, Massbull said:

But worst part was it looked like team gave up!!!!!!

They never had a chance. They knew it, and everyone in the crowd knew it by halftime.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

9 minutes ago, Massbull said:

The offense wasn’t even competitive. 

When I miss Gilbert as OC you know the offense is in trouble. 

We had months to look like that...cant wait for all of them to be canned this season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,262
  • Days Won:  25

We got outmatched and manhandled by a bigger, stronger, and better team in every aspect.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

I left at halftime. Don’t think I had ever done it. Went to Hooters and saw Bb getting barked at by Bell and BB looked like he was gonna cry. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, jchem1995 said:

I left at halftime. Don’t think I had ever done it. Went to Hooters and saw Bb getting barked at by Bell and BB looked like he was gonna cry. 

Only game I left at halftime was NC State.  Been a lot of 3rd quarters recently it feels like.