• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't want to watch a program that can't compete on a national scale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

There's nowhere to go but up.

We may compete for the AAC with Ford back and playing against worse teams.

From your lips to the football gods ears my friend. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, NCBull said:

Well, we are just outmatched tonight.  Everything looked off.  Might mature a bit and find our stride yet.  I mean, it’s impossible to imagine that right now, but I guess it’s mathematically possible

This appears  to be what our new stride looks like 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Who does? I don't want to be a Marshall, Southern Miss, or anything near that level. 

This crossed my mind too. Blew a chance to gain some kind of momentum for the program. Had a National audience against a name brand opponent, and we put forth one of the worst efforts I can remember. I thought I might have seen flashes of competency on Defense early on in this game, but maybe I was wrong. I doubt Wisconsin will be anything special this year, yet we lose 49-0 to them at home. The offense looks a long way away from being competent as well. Just amazed how bad this was.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Who does? I don't want to be a Marshall, Southern Miss, or anything near that level. 

Neither does the greater Tampa area. Every time we get a big audience we crap the bed. Last big chance was FSU and Taggart blew it that game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I know Wisconsin put up 42 on us but the defense actually did in some ways better than expected and especially since the offense did nothing all game.  Held Wisconsin to under 230 on the ground....last year they ran for 300+ easy.

Most disappointed in the offense...Blake was horrible. Maybe a mix of a new offense vs a really good defense thats what I am hoping for.

I thought for sure this offense could be good might have some growing pains but we should have put up 14-17 points up.

If we lose next week we are in for a very ugly season I am afraid...but on the plus side Strong will be canned so I guess a silver lining.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Not a Blake apologist, but having half your early passes dropped couldn't have helped.  And having no run game...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not a Blake apologist, but having half your early passes dropped couldn't have helped.  And having no run game...

...and poor protection. That was a mess all around...certainly not just on him, but there were several occasions where he wasn't exactly on-target. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

This crossed my mind too. Blew a chance to gain some kind of momentum for the program. Had a National audience against a name brand opponent, and we put forth one of the worst efforts I can remember. I thought I might have seen flashes of competency on Defense early on in this game, but maybe I was wrong. I doubt Wisconsin will be anything special this year, yet we lose 49-0 to them at home. The offense looks a long way away from being competent as well. Just amazed how bad this was.

We seem to have a knack for doing this recently. The program puts in a TON of effort into promoting this game, getting word out, finally pull a decent crowd in and absolutley lay a MASSIVE egg on national TV.

It's absolutely crushing to any fan momentum, especially in this city. We look absolutely flat and have done since San Jose State 2017.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Maybe we should try hiring an OC that’s lighting up the pop warner leagues.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,024
  • Days Won:  38

7 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Neither does the greater Tampa area. Every time we get a big audience we crap the bed. Last big chance was FSU and Taggart blew it that game.

Our last big win was Notre Dame.  This thing has been over a long time.