• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Saban continues work towards extinction of G5

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

You wouldn’t be saying that if you were a season ticket holder at a P5 school.

Back in the day the CFB season was 10 games, we played 7 conference games and the 3 other games were against top name programs...season ticket holders were getting their monies worth...not forced to pay for cupcake games.   

So are we a cupcake game ? Are we ripping off Wisconsin season ticket holders ?

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726

Not to pick at the P5 vs G5 scab, but here's a story that speaks the truth about the myth that P5 is the majors and G5 is the minors. Specifically, this part:

"Fans of the Power Five may want you to think— or may actually believe— that every Power Five football team is better than any Group of Five team.

While this may be true for the top teams of the major conferences, i.e. your Clemsons, your Oklahomas, your Crimson Tides and what-not, after that we can see a pretty steep drop-off.

If you ranked every FBS team from first to worst this week, a lot more than five Power Five teams would fall below their Group of Five brethren."

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/10/2/20892788/powerless-five-whos-worse-than-the-group-of-five-this-week-college-football-rutgers-georgia-tech

And, yes, I know this doesn't apply to USF this year. But there's always next year, right? 😉🤘

Edited by Gat-Rat Bull

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 8/10/2019 at 11:44 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

What his arrogant ass fails to realize is that not everybody went 2 a power 5 school, not everybody's favorite players play at a power 5 school, people love a good upset, especially when its a G5 or D2 school beating a power 5 and last but not least the p5 is not undefeated againt the g5 schools, so who are they 2 turn their noses up to a G5 school. Hell Alabama lost 2 freakin UCF, so they should no better. 

Think his key sentence is: "wouldnt have to worry that if you lost a game you wouldn't still have a chance to be in the CFP"...!  He is trying to stave off an upset of his team by a G5 team..he has it figured out that a P5 loss might work its way out during season depending...I wouldn't be surprised to see this mouthy dip **** cancel our future games. Remember recently he wanted to know(students) who were leaving the games early if the game was a blow out..That's a jerk move.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Think his key sentence is: "wouldnt have to worry that if you lost a game you wouldn't still have a chance to be in the CFP"...!  He is trying to stave off an upset of his team by a G5 team..he has it figured out that a P5 loss might work its way out during season depending...I wouldn't be surprised to see this mouthy dip **** cancel our future games. Remember recently he wanted to know(students) who were leaving the games early if the game was a blow out..That's a jerk move.

I hate the myth of the "mighty" P5. I also hate that USF is not in the club, but if we ever do get into a money conference, I will never consider the G5 to be a minor league "just because." I look at it team by team.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I hate the myth of the "mighty" P5. I also hate that USF is not in the club, but if we ever do get into a money conference, I will never consider the G5 to be a minor league "just because." I look at it team by team.

There's so may garbage teams in the P5. But that's the way the 20 or so teams that run CFB want it. They have a need for a bottom half of Washington Generals to beat up on and because the G5 exists it gives those P5 bottom feeders legitimacy because they are in the P5. Doesn't matter they are as easy to beat as the top quarter of the G5.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/2/2019 at 3:49 PM, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Not to pick at the P5 vs G5 scab, but here's a story that speaks the truth about the myth that P5 is the majors and G5 is the minors. Specifically, this part:

"Fans of the Power Five may want you to think— or may actually believe— that every Power Five football team is better than any Group of Five team.

While this may be true for the top teams of the major conferences, i.e. your Clemsons, your Oklahomas, your Crimson Tides and what-not, after that we can see a pretty steep drop-off.

If you ranked every FBS team from first to worst this week, a lot more than five Power Five teams would fall below their Group of Five brethren."

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/10/2/20892788/powerless-five-whos-worse-than-the-group-of-five-this-week-college-football-rutgers-georgia-tech

And, yes, I know this doesn't apply to USF this year. But there's always next year, right? 😉🤘

Just came across this today.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/the-numbers-say-its-time-to-respect-the-group-of-five-mcmurphys-law/ar-AAIclpB?ocid=spartandhp

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I’m far more worried about CCS’ efforts towards the extinction of USF football than I am about Saban’s efforts to push the G5 extinction.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

BM got this one right. Thanks for posting!

The fact that the MW Commissioner even felt the need to make the statement below says a lot. The perception that all G5 teams are cupcakes for "P"5 teams and fans to scoff at is ridiculous. Glad to see some people pointing out the obvious.

"Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson believes that there are multiple teams from the Group of Five conferences that are better than Power Five schools."

Duh!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/3/2019 at 10:04 PM, Gat-Rat Bull said:

BM got this one right. Thanks for posting!

The fact that the MW Commissioner even felt the need to make the statement below says a lot. The perception that all G5 teams are cupcakes for "P"5 teams and fans to scoff at is ridiculous. Glad to see some people pointing out the obvious.

"Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson believes that there are multiple teams from the Group of Five conferences that are better than Power Five schools."

Duh!

I think the AAC could replace the entire PAC 12 and nobody would see a difference. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1