• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Saban continues work towards extinction of G5

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Saban: Bama working toward 10 Power 5 games

Chris Low
ESPN Senior Staff Writer

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama coach Nick Saban would like to see schools from Power 5 conferences play at least 10 games a year against Power 5 foes and/or Notre Dame in the regular season, and he said his program is working to make that happen on future schedules.

"I've always said, 'Let's play all Power 5 games,'" Saban told ESPN on Friday. "I was in the NFL where we played all the games against NFL teams. But let's play at least 10 Power 5 games. It would be better for the players, better for the fans, and I think you wouldn't have to worry that if you lost a game that you wouldn't have as much of a chance to still be in [the College Football Playoff]. They talk about strength of schedule now, but how do you really evaluate that?"

Link

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

Chris Low
ESPN Senior Staff Writer

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama coach Nick Saban would like to see schools from Power 5 conferences play at least 10 games a year against Power 5 foes and/or Notre Dame in the regular season, and he said his program is working to make that happen on future schedules.

"I've always said, 'Let's play all Power 5 games,'" Saban told ESPN on Friday. "I was in the NFL where we played all the games against NFL teams. But let's play at least 10 Power 5 games. It would be better for the players, better for the fans, and I think you wouldn't have to worry that if you lost a game that you wouldn't have as much of a chance to still be in [the College Football Playoff]. They talk about strength of schedule now, but how do you really evaluate that?"

Link

That **** head has been saying that for five years now...hopefully no one will listen 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

What he's not saying is that once he kills off the other programs, Alabama and the P5 will be the NFL-like franchises of CFB.  Any potential decline in fan interest or attendance is addressed by taking away product selection, driving them all to the P5.  Bulls fans becoming Gator fans, or Tide fans.  Maybe CashTags will still be at FSU and we can be part of his tribe.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,516
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Chris Low
ESPN Senior Staff Writer

Link

What his arrogant ass fails to realize is that not everybody went 2 a power 5 school, not everybody's favorite players play at a power 5 school, people love a good upset, especially when its a G5 or D2 school beating a power 5 and last but not least the p5 is not undefeated againt the g5 schools, so who are they 2 turn their noses up to a G5 school. Hell Alabama lost 2 freakin UCF, so they should no better. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Well he said 10 games not all games. Maybe he knows something about USF becoming a P5 by the time we play them.?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

He was saying there working towards that so the deal wa made only a month ago. Maybe hinting at something.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

He'll be retired soon.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Once we win the game, I bet we get a shout out for P5 inclusion. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Aw why's every one got to bring out the "Poo-Poo train".

Edited by Azmodi