Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Brad

Strong Rolls in at #71 in off season article ranking HCs

71. Charlie Strong, South Florida (33)

2019-college-football-coach-rankings-061
WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

Sporting News ranks the FBS coaches from 1-130, and that starts as usual with Alabama's Nick Saban and Clemson's Dabo Swinney. Who is No. 3?

Midway. Seems about right.

It will be nice seeing how far he moves up the list

• Upvote 2

Sounds about right on 6-13-19. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting how CCS gets a midway ranking and normally the Team gets a midway ranking. Guess were seen as middle of the road. Hopefully, were just getting ready to kick into gear and get into the top 30 teams in the Country. **Yes, I get conference, etc etc are weighed when any of these rankings come out** After last years flame out we should be happy if we set in the middle right now as we see more rankings come out pre-season. 

Well, he's ranked ahead of Skip Holtz

33 spots behind Taggart.  Good one. 

#71 is pretty generous in my opinion . Strong is the definition of the word "overrated". 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

#71 is pretty generous in my opinion . Strong is the definition of the word "overrated". 

If they're basing this on last year's finish, you're probably right. I suspect that they liked some of his off-season moves (Bell, transfers, etc..), and may have moved him up a bit...

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

If they're basing this on last year's finish, you're probably right. I suspect that they liked some of his off-season moves (Bell, transfers, etc..), and may have moved him up a bit...

I consider him overrated when I take into account his entire head coaching career. Bridgewater bailed him out at Louisville and even in those days he lost to ucf. He ruined UT, and finally for them Tom Herman is on his way to repairing that program. Hopefully  the addition of Kerwin Bell keeps him from ruining USF. And he still cant't beat ucf. Overrated.

Edited by USFRaider