• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong Rolls in at #71 in off season article ranking HCs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I consider him overrated when I take into account his entire head coaching career. Bridgewater bailed him out at Louisville and even in those days he lost to ucf. He ruined UT, and finally for them Tom Herman is on his way to repairing that program. Hopefully  the addition of Kerwin Bell keeps him from ruining USF. And he still cant't beat ucf. Overrated.

About as overrated as CWT. Q bailed him out. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just as was CWT. Q bailed him out. 

I agree. In my opinion USF has never had a great coach, one day someone great is going to take the reins and propel this program into its first ever golden-era.

• Me no likey 1

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

I agree. In my opinion USF has never had a great coach, one day someone great is going to take the reins and propel this program into its first ever golden-era.

It could be KB...never know...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I consider him overrated when I take into account his entire head coaching career. Bridgewater bailed him out at Louisville and even in those days he lost to ucf. He ruined UT, and finally for them Tom Herman is on his way to repairing that program. Hopefully  the addition of Kerwin Bell keeps him from ruining USF. And he still cant't beat ucf. Overrated.

Be Careful, there's a lot of CCS lovers on this board

1 hour ago, BullTime said:

...and a few of you haters....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

...and a few  more of you haters....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, BullTime said:

I can think of one I would classify as that. I think most are withholding judgment until there's more of a body of work here rather than playing the part of bombastic drama queen, coming from either perspective, that some like to ...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, BullTime said:

I am not sure why.  He is a coordinator at best.  His best days are when he was DC at UF.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Charlie Strong is a good coach. Saying a QB made a coach is silliness.  You can pretty much say that about any coach with the exception of a few.  First it takes a good coach to get a QB in a develop him while putting together a team that can play.  I watched Teddy Bridgewater and while he was a good coach, Louisville had a good team that was very disciplined.  When he got to USF he basically had Flower and a couple of guys.  We still played over our heads because Taggart left the team void of talent that could be developed.  He had 1 good class and the rest never made it through 3 years for the most part.  If  we hadn't gotten Barnett last season and rolled with Kean or Oladokun we would have lost every game imo.  It's funny because he's going to have success here, and I'm going to love seeing guys eat tons of crow... especially when someone comes for him and the two OCs.  People assuming if he goes we keep Bell... smh... he's going to be in demand too.  That to me is what is going to be funny.

I find myself hoping for success just to see the fake fans toss in their tid bit.  We've had 4 coaches in our history and they've not liked any.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, Calibull said:

Charlie Strong is a good coach. Saying a QB made a coach is silliness.  You can pretty much say that about any coach with the exception of a few.  First it takes a good coach to get a QB in a develop him while putting together a team that can play.  I watched Teddy Bridgewater and while he was a good coach, Louisville had a good team that was very disciplined.  When he got to USF he basically had Flower and a couple of guys.  We still played over our heads because Taggart left the team void of talent that could be developed.  He had 1 good class and the rest never made it through 3 years for the most part.  If  we hadn't gotten Barnett last season and rolled with Kean or Oladokun we would have lost every game imo.  It's funny because he's going to have success here, and I'm going to love seeing guys eat tons of crow... especially when someone comes for him and the two OCs.  People assuming if he goes we keep Bell... smh... he's going to be in demand too.  That to me is what is going to be funny.

I find myself hoping for success just to see the fake fans toss in their tid bit.  We've had 4 coaches in our history and they've not liked any.

You are very good at stating everything with authority and making it sound as if it is so.  

As for getting Teddy Bridgewater, wasn't there some shenanigans by a coordinator to land him? 

I hope you are right that he will have success here but until he does...........

Bell hasn't had one iota of success at this level yet. It is a reach to say he'll be snatched up.  IF he has success, then there is that chance.