• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Octavious Battle in the transfer portal.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Skingraft said:

My reply got deleted... I respect that but dont discourage a kid doing what's best for them in school... Frisco.. if you want the unedited version, I'm happy to share... sorry Brad for my language 

Not discouraging and his life, we agree.  I only disagreed with this only bodes well for us, not seeing the benefit of his departure.  Edit or unedited either way is fine

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 hours ago, Corey lea said:

I agree it was at least one year too early. 

This I agree on.  The kid should have given himself one more spring before making a move.  Shows he really wanted to compete (he would even by default be battling for the starting spot this spring) and at minimum got himself some more film via the spring game.  This portal has kids thinking its a silver bullet that will fix all of their problems when the reality is they need to take a step back and think things through before the leap.  

Maybe a little birdie flew in from Lake Charles, LA and tweeted sweet nothings in his ear.... 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

On 6/3/2019 at 7:23 AM, Friscobull said:

Not discouraging and his life, we agree.  I only disagreed with this only bodes well for us, not seeing the benefit of his departure.  Edit or unedited either way is 

Yeah, I was pissed at something else, so I was pretty fired up... I just have a big heart for these kids... apologies 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Yeah, I was pissed at something else, so I was pretty fired up... I just have a big heart for these kids... apologies 

No need to apologize, I hated to see him go, he seemed to have a ton of upside.  They come and go more than they used to and it is frustrating when most of the time we have no idea why, so we are just left to speculate.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,381
  • Days Won:  25

The transfer rule has been used for our benefit mostly, but this is the negative side. Players will get word that they can go start somewhere else and not have to work and wait for the spot to open up. I don't fault the kid, but I want a guy that is willing to battle for the backup job whiling being eager to jump in if needed. I don't want a guy that wants to be handed the job for the quarterback job of two to three seasons.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

The transfer rule has been used for our benefit mostly, but this is the negative side. Players will get word that they can go start somewhere else and not have to work and wait for the spot to open up. I don't fault the kid, but I want a guy that is willing to battle for the backup job whiling being eager to jump in if needed. I don't want a guy that wants to be handed the job for the quarterback job of two to three seasons.

I dont think nobody wants 2 be "handed" the job, but you have a shirt window 2 play. Sometimes there is just somebody better than you no matter how hard u try. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,381
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I dont think nobody wants 2 be "handed" the job, but you have a shirt window 2 play. Sometimes there is just somebody better than you no matter how hard u try. 

Maybe but BB is fragile and who knows how the oline will be this year. Being the backup seems like a good position to be in.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Maybe but BB is fragile and who knows how the oline will be this year. Being the backup seems like a good position to be in.

I wouldn't say the dude was fragile.  I think the hits took their toll.  We were starting 3 freshmen at one point. Dude took a lot of hits... a lot of hits.  He still came back even when he wasn't ready.  And the thing that got him was a twisted ankle, not the battering he took.

thought the twisted ankle arose from the battering 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

I wouldn't say the dude was fragile.  I think the hits took their toll.  We were starting 3 freshmen at one point. Dude took a lot of hits... a lot of hits.  He still came back even when he wasn't ready.  And the thing that got him was a twisted ankle, not the battering he took.

thought the twisted ankle arose from the battering 

You are correct, he is in no way fragile...the kid is tough. But I hope he is not trying to be something he isn't. The less I see Blake running and the more he throws I will feel better. He ran way too much last year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Truth be told, we have a QB coming in next year named Jordan Smith. he is a legacy (his father played at USF) so i think we may be able to hold onto him. If we do then he will definitely leapfrog OB and possibly challenge McCloud. OB probably seen the writing on the wall when Jordan Smith committed.