• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Attendance was 57K for that game ...... I'm guessing we come nowhere near that for a hosted conf championship game.

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

G-d I hope you are right but I think it takes a few of their fans to get us to that number and I’m not sure if anyone actually travels for the game from other teams. Also there will be less free tickets abounding and companies with season tickets may not be quick to buy an extra game. It would be amazing to get 57k fans for any non p5 teams but if we figure out that mystery we could probably make a fortune selling that information to every G5 team in America. I would find it to be a minor miracle if we were able to top 40k in the gate and my over under would probably be at 35k.

Why would you hope I'm right about not getting close to 57K .......... and you can just call me Trip.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And probably Miami, but not for an AAC Championship game, sadly ..... but a good thing about those high profile games is that it should bring a lot of locals out to check us out also, along with the traveling SECers.

For sure. In the case of Alabama though, not sure what it would do for us if Bama is favored by 40 against us, and actually covers the spread.  Nice payday either way, and the build up to it will be fun.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Why would you hope I'm right about not getting close to 57K .......... and you can just call me Trip.

Because i don’t do a good job of reading other people’s posts and just try to find opportunities to rant, I am sorry I completely misread that; you are sadly right. It would be awesome to get anywhere near 57k for an AAC game but I think you are right and it’s not in the cards.

Edited by puc86

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

10 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

For sure. In the case of Alabama though, not sure what it would do for us if Bama is favored by 40 against us, and actually covers the spread.  Nice payday either way, and the build up to it will be fun.

Lights a fire.  A coach with any soul will prepare.  Judgment day.  

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think there would be sufficient hype if the AAC Championship was played in Tampa. It would get people there for the first time. Would it be at the level of WVU in 2007? No, but it would be better ucf 2018. 

It is, and always has been about "THAT game" or "THE game". You know, the one that actually does draw some attention to the program. Unfortunately for us, other than the magic of WVU in '07, we've crapped the bed. Even in '07 after what WVU gave us we let it all go down the toilet.

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Attendance was 57K for that game ...... I'm guessing we come nowhere near that for a hosted conf championship game.

I think it would depend on the build up to that point, and my comment to NE above.

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’m more responsive; you have to give the fans what they came to see. 

AMEN!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I think it would depend on the build up to that point, and my comment to NE above.

I'm thinking the only build up to accomplish that would be an undefeated season (maybe one close loss in conf) with a win over one of the higher profile ooc opponents, who's undefeated outside of their loss to us ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

On 5/24/2019 at 1:16 PM, Friscobull said:

...  It is a tough sell to get donations for the IPF because it may be necessary but is not something most of us will ever use.  ...

Won't use, but we do reap the benefits of better athletes coming to USF.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Whatever happened to the Outback guys that used to be big donors to the program?  They were everywhere.  Did they exit along with others after Leavitt fiasco?  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

Chris Sullivan is one of the founders of Outback ... as far as I know, still lives in Tampa.

Sure our VP knows.

• 1 month later...