• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

It may be hard to discern however without sarcasm there really is no point to a message board.  It is a tough sell to get donations for the IPF because it may be necessary but is not something most of us will ever use.  The OCS will be a much easier but larger task.  Judy can donate whatever she wants wherever she wants however I will still be one happy SOB when she finally hits the exits.

Edited by Brad
Remove the name calling
  • Downvote 6

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

24 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It may be hard to discern however without sarcasm there really is no point to a message board.  It is a tough sell to get donations for the IPF because it may be necessary but is not something most of us will ever use.  The OCS will be a much easier but larger task.  Judy can donate whatever she wants wherever she wants however I will still be one happy SOB when the deranged clown’s ass finally hits the exits.

Could you explain the clown comment?  I've not seen a reason to denigrate her.  She has done great things here at USF. 

Edited by Grateful Dad
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,972
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Many of the other mega rich are putting money into colleges within USF and not Athletics.  Their choice but it makes it tough.

Phase One - new President  ✅

Phase Two - reconcile with Leavitt

Phase Three - donors return

USF Athletics needs to be something to be proud of.  It’s just not there for the vast majority of people in the Bay Area.  Need to get the Leavitt thing taken care of.  Continue scheduling real games, eventually bring people back.  Conference change not required but highly beneficial.

Mr. Kelly is taking us back to the early Leavitt era... we’ll play the big boys - any day.  If he can capture the magic like Leavitt did, and dress that open wound, we’ll be back.  If we go half-ass we’ll be half-ass. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The big change has to come from corporate partnerships. I know we have at least one person working on this but it still amazes me that there has not been the big gift. Raising cash for athletics is difficult but I hope some major corporation will be willing to step up soon.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

How many Mega rich do we really have?  Zimmerman is the only Billionaire I am aware of.  I know about 4 that are worth in the $100 to $300 million range. below that it's hard to get a $20 million dollar check athletics we need

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

56 minutes ago, Brad said:

Phase One - new President  ✅

Phase Two - reconcile with Leavitt

Phase Three - donors return

USF Athletics needs to be something to be proud of.  It’s just not there for the vast majority of people in the Bay Area.  Need to get the Leavitt thing taken care of.  Continue scheduling real games, eventually bring people back.  Conference change not required but highly beneficial.

Mr. Kelly is taking us back to the early Leavitt era... we’ll play the big boys - any day.  If he can capture the magic like Leavitt did, and dress that open wound, we’ll be back.  If we go half-ass we’ll be half-ass. 

Have to disagree there, Brad, and hope I'm wrong. I think an upward conference change is totally required to be back and try to regain the magic of 2007 WVU. I think you guys are so focused on the Leavitt thing that you're not fully appreciating the effect the demotion had ...... and again, I totally hope I'm seriously misjudging the USF fanbase pool.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

Could you explain the clown comment?  I've not seen a reason to denigrate her.  She has done great things here at USF. 

Yes, if you have met her in person she has the features of a clown due to many surgeries under the knife, her face does not move.  She has been great for research, preeminence etc.  however bad for athletics IMO.  I am sure she is a nice lady however sports is everything (hence messaging about USF football in May) and with her salary and position she is fair game.  I am sure she could care less what some guy on a message board says about her clown like features.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

43 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I know about 4 that are worth in the $100 to $300 million range.

Make that five. I think I'm worth about a hundred dollars.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Have to disagree there, Brad, and hope I'm wrong. I think an upward conference change is totally required to be back and try to regain the magic of 2007 WVU. I think you guys are so focused on the Leavitt thing that you're not fully appreciating the effect the demotion had ...... and again, I totally hope I'm seriously misjudging the USF fanbase pool.

The ONLY thing that will get the fans back is playing in a P5 conference.  Nobody wants to see Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, etc.  nothing against those type schools it’s just the reality.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

They will trickle in if we beat P5 teams, especially at home.  But you are right - to meet our potential, we have to move up.  I believe that these two for ones will give at least the chance of making enough of a racket that people will notice.