• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

23 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

A lot of people keep saying that Judy was bad for athletics.  I'm not so sure that we be in a different situation had she placed more of an emphasis on athletics.  One thing I do know for sure is that academically, we'd be far worse off.

She upgraded academics and research status to a level that many did not think was possible and I commend her for this.  UCF took all comers and is a joke.  I also agree that no matter who we had we were lucky to land the big east and were destined to land back where we probably always belonged after the realignment. My big beef is that we could have used our good fortune in the mid 2000’s and built some facilities to keep our sports program relevant, she was asleep at the wheel and never really understood the importance of a strong athletic program.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

She upgraded academics and research status to a level that many did not think was possible and I commend her for this.  UCF took all comers and is a joke.  I also agree that no matter who we had we were lucky to land the big east and were destined to land back where we probably always belonged after the realignment. My big beef is that we could have used our good fortune in the mid 2000’s and built some facilities to keep our sports program relevant, she was asleep at the wheel and never really understood the importance of a strong athletic program.  

There were a lot of athletic facilities built or upgraded after what you refer to as USF’s  “good fortune”.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

Sun dome and practice fields were and you are correct.  Is it too much to ask for a conference championship, somebody has to be to blame, skip, Woodard etc...  easy to Monday morning Quarterback..,,just bitter I have spent the past 29 yrs  rooting for a team with not one conf championship.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

You might be overestimating the cache of an AAC championship.  Most casual fans don't even know what conference we are in.

Agreed.  And the intelligent fans know better.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

46 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Sun dome and practice fields were and you are correct.  Is it too much to ask for a conference championship, somebody has to be to blame, skip, Woodard etc...  easy to Monday morning Quarterback..,,just bitter I have spent the past 29 yrs  rooting for a team with not one conf championship.

There were more upgrades than just the Sun Dome and some practice fields...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Conference championships matter in some sports, like MBB. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

14 minutes ago, Calibull said:

There were more upgrades than just the Sun Dome and some practice fields...

This is one of those cases where reality/facts are pretty much irrelevant ....

spacer.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Attendance was 57K for that game ...... I'm guessing we come nowhere near that for a hosted conf championship game.

We will draw that for BAMA and UF. The premier SEC fans bring tons of away fans.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Attendance was 57K for that game ...... I'm guessing we come nowhere near that for a hosted conf championship game.

G-d I hope you are right but I think it takes a few of their fans to get us to that number and I’m not sure if anyone actually travels for the game from other teams. Also there will be less free tickets abounding and companies with season tickets may not be quick to buy an extra game. It would be amazing to get 57k fans for any non p5 teams but if we figure out that mystery we could probably make a fortune selling that information to every G5 team in America. I would find it to be a minor miracle if we were able to top 40k in the gate and my over under would probably be at 35k.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

50 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

We will draw that for BAMA and UF. The premier SEC fans bring tons of away fans.

And probably Miami, but not for an AAC Championship game, sadly ..... but a good thing about those high profile games is that it should bring a lot of locals out to check us out also, along with the traveling SECers.