• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

They took advantage of their 15 minutes.  We destroyed ours.  Must we go over this again?

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are correct, winning is key. Did you see what ucf just raised for athletics? 

http://ucfknights.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&ATCLID=211807128

“The last fiscal year included $31.7 million dollars committed from 7,519 donors and $13.6 million in gifts received. All three of those numbers are all-time highs for UCF athletics fundraising.”

One BCS and donations will go through the roof, don’t want to donate to a liberal arts honor college, athletics make the world go round, bowl game, alumni and championships is what we need , preeminence is nice but is a tough bragging right😋

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

One BCS and donations will go through the roof, don’t want to donate to a liberal arts honor college, athletics make the world go round, bowl game, alumni and championships is what we need , preeminence is nice but is a tough bragging right😋

Preach it brother! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, Brad said:

They took advantage of their 15 minutes.  We destroyed ours.  Must we go over this again?

Just curious, how much did donations go up after 2007?  I know applications went up but donations follow?  How much did the number of donors change?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

24 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just curious, how much did donations go up after 2007?  I know applications went up but donations follow?  How much did the number of donors change?

Good question.  If my memory serves me right during that run we were more focused up upgrading the Olympic sports, baseball/softball, and basketball facilities.  We got those big capital projects off the ground so I imagine there was some kind of surge.  

What I do know though is it's easier to get people to open the wallet for large projects when you have that kind of excitement.  It's also much easier to sell those projects to donors as well with that momentum.    "You want us to get over the hump, Mr Donor? The dining hall/football facility/IPF will give our athletes the little bit extra they need to finish the season just as strong as they started it.  Help us take the program to the next level, win the big East, and go to a BCS bowl!"  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

According to this broad brush , contributions jumped some in 2008 but it doesn't appear that 2007 led to any sustained surge in contribution. That Contributions column is pretty pathetic when compared to other conference members and a huge indicator of the difficult jobs our AD's have been faced with ...... Hopefully Mr Kelly has the key.