• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s ScheduleMania

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Seems like Kelly is trying to bring in teams that will fill the stadium and create interest/higher demand. 

So for example, last year, even though GT has a sizable fanbase and "should" create interest due to their close proximity to USF....we only had 34K in attendance. 

So who would really qualify to create interest and demand. I don't think that is a long list. 

UF, Miami, FSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame (Not that you could get them to come). Is there anyone else that would bring a lot of fans and nearly sell out Ray Jay? 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Seems like Kelly is trying to bring in teams that will fill the stadium and create interest/higher demand. 

So for example, last year, even though GT has a sizable fanbase and "should" create interest due to their close proximity to USF....we only had 34K in attendance. 

So who would really qualify to create interest and demand. I don't think that is a long list. 

UF, Miami, FSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame (Not that you could get them to come). Is there anyone else that would bring a lot of fans and nearly sell out Ray Jay? 

Michigan,Ohio State, Texas (womp), and maybe Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. Ole Miss and Tennessee would probably draw well too.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

19 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

I could think of some opponents I’d love to get a 2 for 1 deal with. Michigan, Ohio state, notre dame, Southern California, Clemson just to name a few

Michigan and I'll need to change my pants

2 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

C'mon Blue, I want the Wolverines!

giphy.gif

This

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

My sources tell me it is a 5 for 1 with UCF. They come here 5 times and we go to the Bounce House once. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Michigan and I'll need to change my pants

This

I married in to the Michigan thing.  My bro in law played for them so I got to see the best of what they offer.  Their FB fans travel well for bowl games, but bball travels better than fb in reg season.  Their home games are disappointing.  The crowd is VERY quiet, and old.  I got yelled at for standing up when something exciting happened.  Their stadium is all aluminum bleachers with concrete base.  If it wasn't for their student section you could hear a baby crying across that giant stadium.  Did I mention it was all old people at their games? Like white hair old, not 50 and not hardcore anymore old.  They also vastly overcount their attendance numbers.  I attended a 'sellout' each time I went but there were almost entire sections missing at the top.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, usf97 said:

Hopefully local fans step and buy tickets and season tickets so we can have a solid showing of Usf fans...atleast 40k+

We had Ray Jay packed with 67k people before and a solid 55 to 60k were Usf fans before...we can do it again if things fall in place.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Hopefully local fans step and buy tickets and season tickets so we can have a solid showing of Usf fans...atleast 40k+

We had Ray Jay packed with 67k people before and a solid 55 to 60k were Usf fans bef

On my knees 🙏

This is part of what it will take.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

15 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Let's be honest. USF is not getting into the playoff as a member of The American. No G5 team is getting into the playoff, ever. That's not what these games are for. These are program builders, paydays and recruiting tools. Build the program up to these games, succeed and maybe next time conference realignment comes around, we are in a good spot. If we get into a money conference and then we can talk playoffs.

I think if we run the table with a win over a good Bama team and we got a shot at the playoffs.  But I agree that the main motivation for scheduling these games are the reasons you list

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

This is inspiring stuff.  The schedule has been terrible for so many years.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I think if we run the table with a win over a good Bama team and we got a shot at the playoffs.  But I agree that the main motivation for scheduling these games are the reasons you 

Just undefeated and beat Bama and we are in...easy peasy. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 2