• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s ScheduleMania

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, JTrue said:

I really thought you were going the sarcastic route in this post when it started. If you're trying to earn respect, you're not getting it via Troy and App State. Yes, they are better than an FCS team, but no one is saying at the end of the season, "Gee wiz, USF went 8-5, but one of those wins was in place of an FCS team and instead they played a former FCS school. Kudos!"

Obviously. My point was that if at the end of the year we are undefeated or have one loss then we need to have as good a OOC schedule as we can get. Who knows if this system can be crashed? Unlike UCF, we need to put ourselves in the best scheduling position possible in case it does happen. Prepare for success. Replacing FCS games with historically good teams from lesser conferences is a great step towards that imo.

Look at the two years we currently have a FCS team on our schedule. 2019: Wisconsin, GT, BYU, S. Carolina St & 2021: NC St., UF, BYU, FAMU. Replacing SCST and FAMU with App St. or Troy doesn't look like a big deal on the surface but it would have a huge impact on s.o.s.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Let's be honest. USF is not getting into the playoff as a member of The American. No G5 team is getting into the playoff, ever. That's not what these games are for. These are program builders, paydays and recruiting tools. Build the program up to these games, succeed and maybe next time conference realignment comes around, we are in a good spot. If we get into a money conference and then we can talk playoffs.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

Let's be honest. USF is not getting into the playoff as a member of The American. No G5 team is getting into the playoff, ever.

I agree, but at least these games would shine a brighter light on the whole sham that is the CFB Playoff if we were to go undefeated.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,485
  • Days Won:  0

If we're trying to attract new fans, this is what the casual fan wants to see.  I wonder if his selling point is, if you schedule us, you'll piss UCF off even more.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

14 hours ago, puc86 said:

We could have and should have traded them Holtz for Dabo straight up that day. The fans were ready to run him out of town with pitch forks, my how times change.

I remember their fans' displeasure with Dabo during and after the Bowl game. It was interesting listening to them walking out of the stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

We're dropping UCF for our actual rival WVU.

I would not complain one bit. We need to start competing against the big programs to regain our swagger and increase our talent draw.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I remember their fans' displeasure with Dabo during and after the Bowl game. It was interesting listening to them walking out of the stadium.

As @CousinRicky astutely pointed out the transition probably has more to do with his situation and his unlimited budget to hire assistants than it has to do with him as a coach. His donors like him as a person and his awe shucks I am just a good ol' boy who was lucky enough to be the WR coach when Bowden was told to kick rocks probably plays better at Clempzon than it would anywhere else in country, couple that with money and a beautiful campus and you win a national championship or two. Take your show on the road to Temple Terrace and you are fired in three years. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Lets invent a time machine and make that happen. NO take backs!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

USF is not getting into the playoff as a member of The American. No G5 team is getting into the playoff, ever. That's not what these games are for.

But these games could get us to an NY6 bowl, where we could win and declare ourselves National Champs...