• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s ScheduleMania

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

We're dropping UCF for our actual rival WVU.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

...what year are we only going to have three home games?  

I am really okay with the Bama 2 for 1.  Never thought I would see that happen, but hope we don't keep this up.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Given Kelly's ACC roots and connections, I'm thinking FSU or Clemson. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe Willie will get us a game deal......before they fire him.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

39 minutes ago, JTrue said:

ACC - Clemson

Big 12 - Oklahoma

PAC 12 - Washington, USC, Stanford, Oregon, maybe UCLA on name

SEC - Georgia, LSU, TAMU

Big 10 - Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State

If I had to pick one, it would be Ohio State just on name, history, stadium, etc. Oregon would be a close second, just because I'd like to hit up their stadium and I've always had a soft spot for them as my secret West Coast team I follow.

TAMU maybe only because Jimbo Fisher has experience playing USF already... knows Florida recruiting. 

Other wish list teams would be Georgia, Clemson, Stanford in my opinion. Personally not a fan of big ten. 

FSU would be fun too but I think would be a high risk of embarrassment considering Taggarts struggles there.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Home and away makes no sense, want no part of App state or Troy, nothing to gain, they are still viewed as a great FCS team, risk and return not worth it.  Army wears you down with the option and still not viewed as a quality win. WVU  and IA state future bottom feeders in the big 12, with no great attraction.  2 for  1’s not good either, too much similar regional talent just superior, an upset would be incredibly difficult.  Need to focus on the big 10, different style of play that may suit us if we ever figure out how to stop the run.

If you're trying to earn respect a Troy or App St in place of a FCS team is the way to go. Most people in the know understand how tough those programs are. We've handled the option pretty well recently vs GT and Navy. Tulane is a hybrid offense and more of an aberration imo. Army has built a solid program and is a name that will draw. WVU was the greatest rival we've had in many people's opinions. Some great history there. ISU is honestly just a personal thing as I have a lot of family in IA and some are ISU grads.

As far as the 2 for 1s? Can't you say the same thing about Bama, UF, UM, and Louisville? Regional matchups will draw and if you're recruiting local shouldn't you want to schedule the best regional programs? Regional round trips also excites your fan base.

We have been historically bad against both the run and the B10. Ray Rice, Melvin Gordon, Tony Hunt ect still give me nightmares.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

If you're trying to earn respect a Troy or App St in place of a FCS team is the way to go. Most people in the know understand how tough those programs are.

I really thought you were going the sarcastic route in this post when it started. If you're trying to earn respect, you're not getting it via Troy and App State. Yes, they are better than an FCS team, but no one is saying at the end of the season, "Gee wiz, USF went 8-5, but one of those wins was in place of an FCS team and instead they played a former FCS school. Kudos!"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Might help with SoS.  Win the P5 games and SoS becomes pretty important.  Ask the "National Co-champs" in Orlando.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

I don't consider FSU a 2 for 1 type of team. They weren't even bowl eligible last season. They are bottom tier ACC right now and just like the wake forests of the ACC, only deserve 1 for 1 deals until they prove they deserve more. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
39 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

I don't consider FSU a 2 for 1 type of team. They weren't even bowl eligible last season. They are bottom tier ACC right now and just like the wake forests of the ACC, only deserve 1 for 1 deals until they prove they deserve more. 

Disagree.  A couple of down seasons doesnt erase the mistique of the Florida State history.

Same with Miami.  But im not sure if that one is 1 for 1 or 2 for 1.