• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls at DePaul CBI Champ Game 2- in game discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

Is it possible to get tickets to that middle school gym on Friday? 

i feel compelled to get in a car & drive.

What's interesting is that Depaul doesn't as far as I can tell usually play their home games where we played them tonight. Which makes me wonder why this game was played where it was.

When you look up the venue for game 3 it shows the Wintrust Arena.  After googling that it appears to me the Wintrust Arena is the normal home game spot for Depaul basketball and the facilities look quite impressive.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

We had them gassed and then shortened our bench and we got gassed. So many reasons we should have won this one.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

These two teams are so even...Friday is anyone’s game

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We had them gassed and then shortened our bench and we got gassed. So many reasons we should have won this one.

Kiir looked terrible, could not put him back in. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732

5 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Our defense did not exist in the OT and basically this game. 

This was played at DePaul's pace from the beginning and that was going to be a problem.  

Honestly, I think that gym has trick rims or something. I mean that girl even hit one from half court at halftime, USF barely missed a free throw, Q was making threes like a splash brother, and we nearly scored 100. Too bad the trick stopped working there at the end for Brown and Lang. Friday!!!🤘

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442

Will DEPAUL let us use one of their ladders to cut down the nets after we win on Friday?

Guest Jonesy Bull

Big opportunity missed tonight.  We score 96 points and lose - who would have thought that.

But very exciting 2 games.  Different style teams but very evenly matched.

The injury situation and short bench for Depaul could be a big factor in Game 3.....we shall see.

GO BULLS Friday night!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Esnortiar said:

What's interesting is that Depaul doesn't as far as I can tell usually play their home games where we played them tonight. Which makes me wonder why this game was played where it was.

When you look up the venue for game 3 it shows the Wintrust Arena.  After googling that it appears to me the Wintrust Arena is the normal home game spot for Depaul basketball and the facilities look quite impressive.

There appears to be some kind of trade show or other private event at Wintrust that started yesterday and runs through noon Friday.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

9 minutes ago, Esnortiar said:

It's probably a cost thing. Tonight's arena is on campus and a lot smaller than their usual arena.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

8 minutes ago, Esnortiar said:

They've played all the CBI games at MP, and the game Friday is scheduled there. Wintrust is located 25 minutes from campus and I'm assuming they chose to play on campus to maximize student attendance. Seemed to work tonight ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They've played all the CBI games at MP, and the game Friday is scheduled there. Wintrust is located 25 minutes from campus and I'm assuming they chose to play on campus to maximize student attendance. Seemed to work tonight ...

The announcers said Wintrust was booked with other events throughout the CBI.  Sounds a little fishy that it was unavailable for EVERY game.