• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls at DePaul CBI Champ Game 2- in game discussion

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

18 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

shortened our bench

Still no Rashun Williams sighting ....

• Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They've played all the CBI games at MP, and the game Friday is scheduled there. Wintrust is located 25 minutes from campus and I'm assuming they chose to play on campus to maximize student attendance. Seemed to work tonight ...

2 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

The announcers said Wintrust was booked with other events throughout the CBI.  Sounds a little fishy that it was unavailable for EVERY game.

Looking at the attendance for their first 3 games, it was a pretty good move on their part ............... unless non-students stayed away because it was on campus.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

For those that want that massive dunk gif 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

The announcers said Wintrust was booked with other events throughout the CBI.  Sounds a little fishy that it was unavailable for EVERY game.

Exactly, I'm not a huge college basketball person but when I was first tuned into the game I was in awe that it looked equivalent to a high school gym.   It looks like to me its essentially their practice location and to refuse to play where the games are usually played just for the cbi seems more than fishy to me.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 minutes ago, swamprat said:

There appears to be some kind of trade show or other private event at Wintrust that started yesterday and runs through noon Friday.

7 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

https://wintrustarena.com/event/wintrust-arena-private-event-2/

As @swamprat mentioned, all booked  up.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, swamprat said:

There appears to be some kind of trade show or other private event at Wintrust that started yesterday and runs through noon Friday.

Radio crew was saying that the rims were very, very soft and this the up tempo style of DePaul 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

The Yuengling wasn't available for Wed and Friday so we could only host game 1.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

Is it one of those "I'm embarrassed how things look on TV?" type of moments where some of fans get upset with what other people think? I mean-- it is on the road for starters- who cares?  As the football program grew-- the types of discussions like these revolved around not having our logo on the field -- then in the end zones-- then it was "that stupid pirate ship". There is always something to complain about I guess.

It may look like a small time gym but it fit the crowd pretty well and made the game a little more exciting to watch imo. is it any different when we sell all those low level seats on the cheap to encourage filling the 1st level?

But imagine a similar size crowd mill about in this enormous space--

image.png.54f93752930213ef8410eaef4240f07c.png

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,238

We really bottled it tonight. Hard to imagine winning game 3 after losing with those performances from yetna and q

This was our chance. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I checked the Wintrust schedule of events and the announcers were right. They had "Private Events" March 13-25 and all this week. 

Looks like it was available on March 27th but was it worth it for DePaul to pay the rental fee plus the fee to host a game at Wintrust on the 27th when they barely drew 1k fans the first 2 games?