• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. DePaul CBI Champ Game 1- in game discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Did anyone notice the little punk behind the basket wearing a ucf shirt? He was a few rows up. Once he was in the background clapping after a Depaul bucket. Ugh! I can’t stand that! I hope we did not have fan apathy and someone gave him the business with a barbs.

Noticed that.  The guy next to him was wearing an Orlando Magic shirt.  He more than likely had to pay money to step foot in a USF sporting event that didn't include C. Fla in it, so that alone is hilarious.  He also may have not been smart enough to realize he was at the wrong school.  

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Our team, when we are full-go, plays really well. However, after a little while, we run out of gas and sort of calm down. And this is when we get into trouble. We don't have the pure talent of shooters to just score during this time period.

BG needs to keep substituting guys and not just let the starters run themselves tired like they did in this first game.

Depaul will beat us when we play average ball.

BTW, Vegas says we are underdogs by 4 pts in game 2.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I got a question for someone watching on tv. 

The play where the ball rolled out of bounds and the refs went to the monitor to check for a shot clock violation. 

From my seats, I can see the replays on the monitor, and it sure looked like the ball was out of bounds with 1 on the shot clock, but the refs rules it a shot clock violation. How did that play look on tv? Did they have a definitive replay?

There was one replay that clearly showed the ball out of bounds, and in the top right of the video frame there was a bright red "1" on the shot clock. The announcers claimed the officials didn't have the same angle that they had. Guess even the video review process is not perfect. Glad it didn't matter. 😊🤘

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131

4 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Weren't you pissing and moaning about playing in this tournament to begin with?

Yes, that was me.  I don't think it does much for us.  It's a third world tourney.  Did I watch, yep, because I love USF.  As I said in an earlier post the leadership at USFAA knows far more than I do.  Nothing more than my opinion.  

This team has far, far exceeded anyone's expectations and they should be supported by our fan base.  The fact that only 2,500 people showed up last night is a total embarrassment.  I've been very critical of the Tampa area and the lack of support for a university that has such a massive financial impact on it.  Heck, my 5th daughter's AAU team played in a Championship game last weekend and I would estimate the crowd around the court to be 400 or so.  

BTW, someone in an earlier post questioned or commented on my "Go Bulls" as my sign off.  Go  back and do some investigation of any of my posts.  The vast majority have "Go Bulls" as my sign-off.  

The ability to not fill a 10K OCA shows exactly why we don't have an OCS and why one will not be built until we consistently put at least 40K in Ray Jay no matter the opponent.  

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

25 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Yes, that was me.  I don't think it does much for us.  It's a third world tourney.  Did I watch, yep, because I love USF.  As I said in an earlier post the leadership at USFAA knows far more than I do.  Nothing more than my opinion.  

This team has far, far exceeded anyone's expectations and they should be supported by our fan base.  The fact that only 2,500 people showed up last night is a total embarrassment.  I've been very critical of the Tampa area and the lack of support for a university that has such a massive financial impact on it.  Heck, my 5th daughter's AAU team played in a Championship game last weekend and I would estimate the crowd around the court to be 400 or so.  

BTW, someone in an earlier post questioned or commented on my "Go Bulls" as my sign off.  Go  back and do some investigation of any of my posts.  The vast majority have "Go Bulls" as my sign-off.  

The ability to not fill a 10K OCA shows exactly why we don't have an OCS and why one will not be built until we consistently put at least 40K in Ray Jay no matter the opponent.  

Go Bulls!

Just to share a little perspective. DePaul plays in a better basketball conference and has a better basketball history than USF. 

So far they have hosted 3 CBI games, but only reported attendance for 2 of them. (I checked box scores on their site and ESPN) They are averaging 1056 per game. 

USF has hosted 4 CBI games and have averaged 1854 per game, almost double of DePaul. 

Obviously, the goal isn't to be DePaul, but to say "the ability to not fill a 10K OCA" seems a bit extreme and unrealistic. 

I wasn't around when the Sun Dome was built, but I doubt they built it with 10k seats expecting to fill it consistently for basketball games, remember, it was Tampa's arena for a long time. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

I've been very critical of the Tampa area 

Yeah, we know ..... 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

44 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Just to share a little perspective. DePaul plays in a better basketball conference and has a better basketball history than USF. 

So far they have hosted 3 CBI games, but only reported attendance for 2 of them. (I checked box scores on their site and ESPN) They are averaging 1056 per game. 

USF has hosted 4 CBI games and have averaged 1854 per game, almost double of DePaul. 

Obviously, the goal isn't to be DePaul, but to say "the ability to not fill a 10K OCA" seems a bit extreme and unrealistic. 

I wasn't around when the Sun Dome was built, but I doubt they built it with 10k seats expecting to fill it consistently for basketball games, remember, it was Tampa's arena for a long time. 

Thank you Mike for providing some perspective for those that have none ..... :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

So your the one who stole my seats? A 11 &12?

Sorry DEL, that would be me.  They were onsale on ticketmaster right after the LMU game.  Didn't know I was being a thief!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

16 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Sorry DEL, that would be me.  They were onsale on ticketmaster right after the LMU game.  Didn't know I was being a thief!

GO BULLS!

If we did not win it would have been your fault.  Been camped out there sitting next to the old folks during this CBI run 😁. I can't afford those bomb seats for a whole season. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Thank you Mike for providing some perspective for those that have none ..... :thumbsup:

Ok, then I'm good with 1,800 attending.  Thanks for setting me straight.  

Forget that DePaul's student population is half of Usf.

Go Bulls!

• Downvote 1
  • ???? 2