• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. DePaul CBI Champ Game 1- in game discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

I think DePaul's size prevented us from putting Castaneda, Collins and Q on the floor at the same time. The way Collins and Q played the second half its hard to take them out of the game. With that being said, its great to have 3 good guards who you can trust in any game situation. 

Yeah, seemed like a defensive decision, but that offense was hard to watch in the second half. Couldn't tell what they were trying to run against the zone with those high screens, but it was definitely not what CBG wanted them to do, or not the way he wanted them to do it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Attendance of 2,500 in a state of the art OCA and the team playing for a championship is embarrassing.  Wow!

Go Bulls!

If you’d been paying attention you’d realize it’s not a state of the art OCA at this point ..... and adding a “Go Bulls!” doesn’t mask a ***** post. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you’d been paying attention you’d realize it’s not a state of the art OCA at this point ..... and adding a “Go Bulls!” doesn’t mask a ***** post. 

To me the game last night was a night step up from the previous CBI games in both crowd size and atmosphere. We aren't going to go from 1500 to 10,000 in one game. Anyone who was at the game last night and a previous CBI game wouldn't be upset with the crowd last night. 

Hopefully interest in the program can grow. This really is a fun team to watch, just got to get people in/back to the Dome. 

While not perfect, the inside of the YC is still very nice. If I was not a USF person, but a sports fan in Tampa, my biggest complaint if we were to start drawing bigger crowds would be parking and traffic flow, in particular on week night games. At our current crowd levels those issues are manageable, but I don't know how we could handle a sold out game on a Monday through Thursday, with half the lot gone for students in class. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

So your the one who stole my seats? A 11 &12?

I was in my seat, which was not 11-12. Very close to 11-12 though. 

Edited by DontPushMe

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465

I got a question for someone watching on tv. 

The play where the ball rolled out of bounds and the refs went to the monitor to check for a shot clock violation. 

From my seats, I can see the replays on the monitor, and it sure looked like the ball was out of bounds with 1 on the shot clock, but the refs rules it a shot clock violation. How did that play look on tv? Did they have a definitive replay?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I got a question for someone watching on tv. 

The play where the ball rolled out of bounds and the refs went to the monitor to check for a shot clock violation. 

From my seats, I can see the replays on the monitor, and it sure looked like the ball was out of bounds with 1 on the shot clock, but the refs rules it a shot clock violation. How did that play look on tv? Did they have a definitive replay?

Announcers knew it was out well before it went to 0 by deduction but you couldn't see the ball exit the court.

But it was out with 1 second left. Just not the evidence to overturn.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452

It was a fun night of good basketball played before an enthusiastic crowd with a Bulls' win to boot.  After what I have experienced in recent years I will take it. Thanks.  Also, this team finally makes me optimistic for the next season.  I am proud of this team and the way they played. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Did anyone notice the little punk behind the basket wearing a ucf shirt? He was a few rows up. Once he was in the background clapping after a Depaul bucket. Ugh! I can’t stand that! I hope we did not have fan apathy and someone gave him the business with a barbs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Anybody know why Castaneda din't play in the second half? He was making plays in the first half and seemed to be better than any of our other guards at breaking down the DePaul zone. Dude is quick.

3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

I was wondering that this morning in the shower

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I think DePaul's size prevented us from putting Castaneda, Collins and Q on the floor at the same time. The way Collins and Q played the second half its hard to take them out of the game. With that being said, its great to have 3 good guards who you can trust in any game situation. 

My wife tends to watch the bench, coaches and other things as much as the game.  She saw them stretching out after the half back in the tunnel near our bench.  He played for a minute or so very late in the game. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

I've only been to a couple of games this year, but I thought the crowd atmosphere and enthusiasm was very good last night.  It helped that most of the fans could sit in the lower level for $20.  The Student section was very solid, and the entire crowd was really into the game and having fun. - it was great to see.

My brother and I had so much fun at this game, we definitely are planning to go to many more games next year.  You can't beat the entertainment value for the money, especially with the improving team that we have that should only get better.