• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs UCF- In Game Discussion (7:00 EST, ESPN3)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

20 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Agreed.  This team right now is just not a good matchup for us.  Unfortunately we have to wait another year before things finally swing back to our favor.  

We will be the better team next season. I believe 3 of their top 5 players are seniors. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Radio saying those two dudes at the court side seats causing problems with USF basketball alumni. USF admin drops the ball letting those clowns sit there. 

Had to leave at half time but I'm guessing they were part of the 5 or 6 douchebags sitting directly across from our bench, at the end ...... close to ex players Dobras and Martino Brock, along with big booster Mike Charles. There's no ******* way they should have been allowed in those seats ..... and is it just me, or do the vast majority of Kanigit fans just have the look of a ********. If it's the two I'm thinking of, they weren't even wearing UCF stuff but still just had that ******** look.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need shoots and dare I say some more interior toughness 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

We will be the better team next season. I believe 3 of their top 5 players are seniors. 

But unless any of our newcomers can shoot the ball how much better can we be?  I'm rethinking going to Memphis for the tournament. A 12 hour drive to watch us miss FTs and 3s?  Not sure.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

But unless any of our newcomers can shoot the ball how much better can we be?  I'm rethinking going to Memphis for the tournament. A 12 hour drive to watch us miss FTs and 3s?  Not sure.

We just don't know what the newcomers bring. Dawson and Akec may bring a new dimension to the team. According to his USF profile, Akec shot 48% from three in prep school. I don't have a good read on Dawson other than thinking he's more a shooting guard with his high school stat-line of 24ppg and 4apg.

Castaneda and Durr have taken huge steps forward as the season has progressed. I was concerned every time Castaneda stepped on the court early in the season but feel he's earned the increased minutes he's seen lately. Durr looked lost on defense in non-conference play but seems to be holding his own in conference play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

36 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

Castaneda and Durr have taken huge steps forward as the season has progressed. I was concerned every time Castaneda stepped on the court early in the season but feel he's earned the increased minutes he's seen lately. Durr looked lost on defense in non-conference play but seems to be holding his own in conference play.

Couldn't agree more, especially about Durr. There were two things that were locks from this team early on, they would play hard the whole game and Durr would have 2 fouls 2 minutes into the game. He's really come along nicely in that regard ....

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

31 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

We just don't know what the newcomers bring. Dawson and Akec may bring a new dimension to the team. According to his USF profile, Akec shot 48% from three in prep school. I don't have a good read on Dawson other than thinking he's more a shooting guard with his high school stat-line of 24ppg and 4apg.

Another year in the system, another year for everyone to get better. Justin Brown is a good shooter, we just have to find a way to get him more open looks. He was 3-3 last night from 3 point range and is 41% on the season. As much as Rideau was the engine that drove this team in the early season, X looks like he is our future at the PG spot. I know Rideau is injured, but he has shot an abysmal 12 for 50 from the field in the last 4 losses and doesn't seem to be able to find or look for an open man when he penetrates. 

I think that with another year under their belts that the adjustments will be made. There will be more flow in the offense and Brown, Collins, and Yetna will be able to knock down more 3 pointers.  Akec and Dawson showed and ability to shoot in high school and Jamir Chaplin is coming in having shot 48% from 3 point range his senior year.

The FT shooting will be a point of emphasis over the summer as well. Lets keep in mind that even though CBG has done an amazing job in such a short time, all of these players landed with USF for a reason. They all have flaws and areas that need improving and I fully believe that CBG and his staff are positioned to help each player improve and the team to improve as a whole. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Another year in the system, another year for everyone to get better. Justin Brown is a good shooter, we just have to find a way to get him more open looks. He was 3-3 last night from 3 point range and is 41% on the season. As much as Rideau was the engine that drove this team in the early season, X looks like he is our future at the PG spot. I know Rideau is injured, but he has shot an abysmal 12 for 50 from the field in the last 4 losses and doesn't seem to be able to find or look for an open man when he penetrates. 

I think that with another year under their belts that the adjustments will be made. There will be more flow in the offense and Brown, Collins, and Yetna will be able to knock down more 3 pointers.  Akec and Dawson showed and ability to shoot in high school and Jamir Chaplin is coming in having shot 48% from 3 point range his senior year.

The FT shooting will be a point of emphasis over the summer as well. Lets keep in mind that even though CBG has done an amazing job in such a short time, all of these players landed with USF for a reason. They all have flaws and areas that need improving and I fully believe that CBG and his staff are positioned to help each player improve and the team to improve as a whole. 

What a great post....thanks for your insight.

I believe in CBG and his ability to coach and teach.  At this point I'm going to trust in the process (Rome wasn't built in a day).

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

At this point I'm going to trust in the process (Rome wasn't built in a day).

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/08/06/rome-actually-built-in-a-day-new-archaeological-evidence-reveals/

• Haha 1