• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Signing Day Be Prepared.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

46 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

What were his offers? I can't even find that.

I had to go to his twitter page to find his offers and the few that I did see was all D2 schools. but looking at his film, buddy is fast. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Off season threads are so much fun.

Good thing MBB is showing marked improvement or it would be a really ugly off season here.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I had to go to his twitter page to find his offers and the few that I did see was all D2 schools. but looking at his film, buddy is fast. 

Rivals has a page for him that lists a offer from Army. But yeah, looking at his Twitter it's mainly small schools including Jacksonville. Considering Kerwin Bell's connections to JU I think you may be on to something.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

12 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

I thought him dropping the ‘no IPF excuse’ was weak sauce... That said, the way they calculate recruiting rankings is a joke. I would rather have a class of 10 4*s than 25 2*s. Guess which of those classes is ‘ranked higher’?!

It may just be a way to light a fire under potential donors that have been holding out on putting funds towards the project. 

4 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Rivals has a page for him that lists a offer from Army. But yeah, looking at his Twitter it's mainly small schools including Jacksonville. Considering Kerwin Bell's connections to JU I think you may be on to something.

He seems like a perfect target for Bell if he was still at Valdosta State which makes me think this is a Bell recruit. Either way, it's a nice low key recruit that may surprise. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Didn’t we have a dude a few years ago who everyone wanted to play DB/WR and I believe he ended up as our QB...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Didn’t we have a dude a few years ago who everyone wanted to play DB/WR and I believe he ended up as our QB...

That's why you always give these kind of kids a shot at QB right off the rip.   The kids aren't dumb and if it isn't clicking they will usually end up moving themselves.   

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

11 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Haven’t really followed recruiting that much this year.  Saw that we whiffed on the few recruits we were after and are ranked 6th in the AAC and 77th nationally (totally unacceptable) and Chuck is complaining about the lack of an IPF.  And now I see a PWO and this kid.  I must say I don’t know anything about them and while they may turn out to be great additions I can’t get the thought of Alex Mutt 2.0 out of my head.  

With all that transpired last year, I have lost all faith in Strong to lead this program to a conference championship, which is the main goal every season.  I hope he proves me wrong but I really don’t think so.  He had all the resources in the world at Texas and in 3 years he didn’t do squat.  

On a side note, I saw Strong and his wife last Saturday night at a S Tampa eatery and I threw up the horns and gave him a “Go Bulls” and he came over and shook my hand.  He seems like a fine man and I have nothing personal against him, I just don’t think he’s a great head coach and will eventually be relieved of his duties here when the finances permit.

With all that said, I’ll be at the Spring game and in my seats next year, however, I have virtually no expectation of success under his guidance.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

51 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Haven’t really followed recruiting that much this year.  Saw that we whiffed on the few recruits we were after and are ranked 6th in the AAC and 77th nationally (totally unacceptable) and Chuck is complaining about the lack of an IPF.  And now I see a PWO and this kid.  I must say I don’t know anything about them and while they may turn out to be great additions I can’t get the thought of Alex Mutt 2.0 out of my head.  

There's no sense getting worked up about PWO's/non-Scholly players.  They aren't taking up schollies and are essentially just practice bodies.  Every school takes PWO's.  It's basically being upset about pooping.  Everybody poops! 

Edited by Bull Dozer

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

With all that transpired last year, I have lost all faith in Strong to lead this program to a conference championship, which is the main goal every season.  I hope he proves me wrong but I really don’t think so.  He had all the resources in the world at Texas and in 3 years he didn’t do squat.  

On a side note, I saw Strong and his wife last Saturday night at a S Tampa eatery and I threw up the horns and gave him a “Go Bulls” and he came over and shook my hand.  He seems like a fine man and I have nothing personal against him, I just don’t think he’s a great head coach and will eventually be relieved of his duties here when the finances permit.

With all that said, I’ll be at the Spring game and in my seats next year, however, I have virtually no expectation of success under his guidance.  

Have you looked at Sean Atkins highlights or are you assuming he is Alex Mutt?  I'm sure if you watch his highlights you wil l have a different opinion. I just dont get how so many people are crapping on this recruiting class w/o even doing any research or watching any video on the recruits we have. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6192740/5bb614c03dec2d14fcc91e94