• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Signing Day Be Prepared.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The new transfer rules have changed the way many coaches recruit.  I didn't like it at first but I do now.  It's almost like a waiver wire... except voluntary. There are some pretty good ball players still available for teams with room.  This is where I think we can find a real gem. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I think this is a Kerwin Bell recruit based on his other offers. His tape looks great. Bell probably knows a few unknown recruiting gems. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

The fan-base was passionate and a bright outlook/enthusiasm/confidence in a  brighter future was much more prevalent. I'll take that over, Holtz, Taggert and Strong any day. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Just curious, does the lack of a full coaching staff have any bearing on recruiting? We need defense and so far have only changed one coach from a horrible defensive staff.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

36 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Just curious, does the lack of a full coaching staff have any bearing on recruiting? We need defense and so far have only changed one coach from a horrible defensive staff.

I think he had a quote somewhere saying he should or could have the rest of his staff by Friday. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think this is a Kerwin Bell recruit based on his other offers. His tape looks great. Bell probably knows a few unknown recruiting gems. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/sean-atkins/JajLkUz6EeW-8KA2nzwbTA/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Stats are good. But HS stats are always a crapshoot.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

What were his offers? I can't even find that.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

The portal is the best way for G5 programs to get instant impact players. There is only so much playing time at the blue blood programs. Kids that g5 programs could not sign out of high school due to ratings. 

I fully support this strategy. I'm surprised some of you aren't raising hell about only 2 recruits are from the bay area.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

I thought him dropping the ‘no IPF excuse’ was weak sauce... That said, the way they calculate recruiting rankings is a joke. I would rather have a class of 10 4*s than 25 2*s. Guess which of those classes is ‘ranked higher’?!

It's the truth.....  In the college football arms race if you don't have a football only facility (not even an IPF) these days you are lagging behind every P5 team and many of our G5 peers.  That stuff matters on recruiting visits as players see it as an amenity as well as a tool to help with their development.  Players definitely notice things like that and you can be **** sure opposing coaches point that out and use it against us.    I'm sure all the fans here who are unhappy with the recruiting are surely doing the one thing they can do to help us improve it by donating to get that facility done sooner than later........

2 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

The portal is the best way for G5 programs to get instant impact players. There is only so much playing time at the blue blood programs. Kids that g5 programs could not sign out of high school due to ratings. 

I fully support this strategy. I'm surprised some of you aren't raising hell about only 2 recruits are from the bay area.

I will next season if we don't land a few....  This next cycle the bay area is LOADED with talent.