• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Football Signing Day Be Prepared.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

To come out in a press conference on signing day and talk about the lack of an IPF hurting recruiting... wow. I mean, it might be true, but it's just weird timing and feels a lot like an excuse. I truly want Strong to be successful here but I can't say I'm feeling super confident lately.

• Upvote 3
  • Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,609
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's the truth.....  In the college football arms race if you don't have a football only facility (not even an IPF) these days you are lagging behind every P5 team and many of our G5 peers.  That stuff matters on recruiting visits as players see it as an amenity as well as a tool to help with their development.  Players definitely notice things like that and you can be **** sure opposing coaches point that out and use it against us.    I'm sure all the fans here who are unhappy with the recruiting are surely doing the one thing they can do to help us improve it by donating to get that facility done sooner than later........

I will next season if we don't land a few....  This next cycle the bay area is LOADED with talent.   

Can't donate to an IPF 'cause they are waiting to NOT donate to the OCS.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Calibull said:

I don't think anybody wants 25 2 stars... it's the lowest valuation.  Unless you meant to say25- 3 stars... That would be the only way the comment makes sense. 

No, I meant what I said. A class of 25 TWO stars would rate higher than a class of 10 FOUR  stars. Rankings are partially based off of total recruits, not just quality.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

The reality is, this program is on a budget. I know everyone think that this program has been elite, but not having ever won a championship makes it more pedestrian. Look at the attendance and the infrequent postings and news on this board. I think the NCAA portal is the best thing to ever happen to budget programs. Let's see what Strong can convince to come to the program. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, WWMJD said:

To come out in a press conference on signing day and talk about the lack of an IPF hurting recruiting... wow. I mean, it might be true, but it's just weird timing and feels a lot like an excuse. I truly want Strong to be successful here but I can't say I'm feeling super confident lately.

If what he said is true, about it being used against us (and why wouldn't it) I think it's reasonable to draw attention to it.  It's just a matter of hurting our (fans) pride at this point because obviously the players have come to terms with it.

Maybe calling it out will help draw donations from ppl to get it addressed.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

40 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

The reality is, this program is on a budget. I know everyone think that this program has been elite, but not having ever won a championship makes it more pedestrian. Look at the attendance and the infrequent postings and news on this board. I think the NCAA portal is the best thing to ever happen to budget programs. Let's see what Strong can convince to come to the program. 

1) Are there people who don't know we have limited funds?

2) Everyone thinks we've been elite? I must have missed that discussion by our fanbase.

3) Our attendance is about equal to our on-field success. Middle of the pack.

4) Infrequent postings on this board to prove we're pedestrian? Seriously?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

If what he said is true, about it being used against us (and why wouldn't it) I think it's reasonable to draw attention to it.  It's just a matter of hurting our (fans) pride at this point because obviously the players have come to terms with it.

Maybe calling it out will help draw donations from ppl to get it addressed.

This!  He's speaking to fans/donors that this needs to be done.  College football is an arms race and until we get that football only facility and IPF we are lagging behind.   Recruits like shiny new things and like to see that there are ample resources to maximize their talent/development.    Also just off the rip, the more football facilities the more serious it appears your school takes football.   Just look at it this way a recruit takes 4 official visits 3 of the schools have a football only facility with all the new shiny bells and whistles, the 4th school doesn't.  Johnny K Recruit will definitely notice and it will definitely be a negative mark for some kids and that's before opposing coaches use it against us too.  Yes, you can still sell the program and work around that in recruiting but those other programs darn sure have a head start on you....   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,609
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

This!  He's speaking to fans/donors that this needs to be done.  College football is an arms race and until we get that football only facility and IPF we are lagging behind.   Recruits like shiny new things and like to see that there are ample resources to maximize their talent/development.    Also just off the rip, the more football facilities the more serious it appears your school takes football.   Just look at it this way a recruit takes 4 official visits 3 of the schools have a football only facility with all the new shiny bells and whistles, the 4th school doesn't.  Johnny K Recruit will definitely notice and it will definitely be a negative mark for some kids and that's before opposing coaches use it against us too.  Yes, you can still sell the program and work around that in recruiting but those other programs darn sure have a head start on you....   

Coaches can turn it around in our favor.  Listen son, you don't have to practice half the time we say you have to practice because of lightning delays.  

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

1) Are there people who don't know we have limited funds?

2) Everyone thinks we've been elite? I must have missed that discussion by our fanbase.

3) Our attendance is about equal to our on-field success. Middle of the pack.

4) Infrequent postings on this board to prove we're pedestrian? Seriously?

If you read this board frequently, there is an elitist attitude by Bull Fans. "CCS should recruit higher....we should never lose more than 2 games...we should never lose to certain schhols."

Attendance is dreadful and painful to see on tv. Will be hard to get into a big boy conference with this kind of fan turnout. 

There is rarely any news about the program. If you go to a blue chip site, there is plenty of talk about recruiting, current players and personnel. 

So yes, the lack thereof any meaningful news makes it pedestrian.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Our attendance isn't "dreadful" and the only reason it looks bad on TV is because we are in a 65K stadium