• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Signing Day Be Prepared.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

27 minutes ago, ahoyboy said:

Jim Leavitt  had passion and conveyed his desire to be at USF. The fanbase responded with passion. Every coach since then has lacked passion and has given no indication that they really desire to be at USF. The fanbase has responded accordingly.

As much as I love what CJL did here, these flimsy excuses for where our fanbase is right now are getting fairly ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

We are at the same avg ranking we have been most years according to 247. Wonder if the coaches have something to do with turning kids into players or not.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

As much as I love what CJL did here, these flimsy excuses for where our fanbase is right now are getting fairly ridiculous.

You never really loved CJL if you feel that way.

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

You never really loved CJL if you feel that way.

Busted ....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Nobody wants USF to recruit badly stow that bad faith argument like luggage....

People are just pointing out some here look pretty **** silly freaking out when we are right in the normal range for how we've recruited since the demotion to the kids table known as the G5.   Those same people ignore things like the nose dive we took after the first 7 games, the state of the roster and that this class was always going to be around 18-20 kids, the fact that we don't have a football only facility like many of our conference mates and teams in the G5, and many other real factors.  Even with all those negatives we are right in the same range we have been since the AAC became our home. If anybody needs to get themselves squared away its the people freaking out about this class for a number of delusional reasons....   

I'm no recruiting fan boy like some on here but this is not an average class since joining the g5. it's in fact the 2nd worst class since joining g5  according to gatorbull's previous post. the worst class was Strong's first class here.

an average class would be around 61.

oh and we didn't have a football only facility when those classes were signed either so that excuse doesn't hold water.

Strong will be in his 3rd year here next year. Things better look much better on the field than they did the last 6 games of this year. It was a total **** show.

there better not be any "we're young" excuses or we don't have the depth or we don't have facilities or fan support or our players are too small and too slow. He had all the money in the world and incredible fan support and his own espn channel and still failed miserably.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

40 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I'm no recruiting fan boy like some on here but this is not an average class since joining the g5. it's in fact the 2nd worst class since joining g5  according to gatorbull's previous post. the worst class was Strong's first class here.

an average class would be around 61.

oh and we didn't have a football only facility when those classes were signed either so that excuse doesn't hold water.

Strong will be in his 3rd year here next year. Things better look much better on the field than they did the last 6 games of this year. It was a total **** show.

To CCS defense, ( no pun intended) his 1st recruiting class was salvaging what Taggart left behind and replacing recruits we lost. That class doesnt count. As for the 2019 class, there are plenty of stories breaking down the recruits and showing film. This class has a reciever that runs a 4.3/4.4 40yd and ran for 1000yds in only 3 games (Joiner) and a player named Thomas Nance that will either be our next Tyre McCants or our next JPP/Selvie. He just benched 225Ibs 21 times at an event....those are NFL numbers. Im good with this class and confident that out of 1,400 players in the transfer portal, at least 2-3 good ones can be added 2 our team this off season.

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Interesting comments by Charlie about negative recruiting.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

football signing day be prepared, yo!

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I thought him dropping the ‘no IPF excuse’ was weak sauce... That said, the way they calculate recruiting rankings is a joke. I would rather have a class of 10 4*s than 25 2*s. Guess which of those classes is ‘ranked higher’?!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, USF Bulls Football said:

I thought him dropping the ‘no IPF excuse’ was weak sauce... That said, the way they calculate recruiting rankings is a joke. I would rather have a class of 10 4*s than 25 2*s. Guess which of those classes is ‘ranked higher’?!

I don't think anybody wants 25 2 stars... it's the lowest valuation.  Unless you meant to say25- 3 stars... That would be the only way the comment makes sense.