• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

On 1/27/2019 at 7:04 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

You may be right. It is too early to say. I just will say that what I've seen of them on the court so far, they don't look particularly athletic or skilled. You could see pretty much right away that Kit, Laura we're going to be impact players. Not as much with Maria or Laia but they developed. It's a very limited sample size for sure, but I haven't yet seen any spark from Rozentale, Septe or Pinzan. And we're still waiting on Serrat.

You have to keep in mind that we basically had an assembly line of talent going. Jose has a tendency of playing  his top 7 all game every game, so the younger girls sat and learned how to play the game in America the first year with very limited minutes plus getting their conditioning up to play here. Kit and Laura also had the benefit of playing alongside Courtney Williams and Alisia Jenkins, which made their job easier as they were given specific responsibilities and not asked to do everything. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,163
  • Days Won:  56

11 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

You have to keep in mind that we basically had an assembly line of talent going. Jose has a tendency of playing  his top 7 all game every game, so the younger girls sat and learned how to play the game in America the first year with very limited minutes plus getting their conditioning up to play here. Kit and Laura also had the benefit of playing alongside Courtney Williams and Alisia Jenkins, which made their job easier as they were given specific responsibilities and not asked to do everything. 

I get all that. I'm just saying that this current bunch looks rather unimpressive from an athletic and skill perspective - outside of Sydni Harvey.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Another tough L this weekend.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

I've never learn more about a coach and watched them develop as much as Jose Fernandez has this season. He'll look back on the season and not remember the pains as much, because it's where he learned to coach like a champion. 

Our ladies should not be anywhere close in these games. Yet they show up every night adjusted as well as you could expect, and have even pulled some these games out.  That level of detail will serve this program well going forward. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, CIHISI said:

I've never learn more about a coach and watched them develop as much as Jose Fernandez has this season. He'll look back on the season and not remember the pains as much, because it's where he learned to coach like a champion. 

Our ladies should not be anywhere close in these games. Yet they show up every night adjusted as well as you could expect, and have even pulled some these games out.  That level of detail will serve this program well going forward. 

I agree for the most part. It is a little discouraging that the raw talent isn't showing itself, but the coaching and effort is omnipresent. All the injuries really are a bummer because this was the season we were poised to upset UCONN. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I agree for the most part. It is a little discouraging that the raw talent isn't showing itself, but the coaching and effort is omnipresent. All the injuries really are a bummer because this was the season we were poised to upset UCONN. 

Agree it was a quick accent to relativity and we've been slowly tightening the screws. Shame what happened this year as I thought we could've taken at least one of three off the Huskies this season.  With how they've played these last couple of games, who knows might've been able to take two...how the cards fall sometimes. Proud they continue to fight 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I watched the USF vs. UCF  womens  B ball game. I was totally impressed by how USF rose the fight, with limited players. There is no quit in  that locker room, that is for sure.

With the full set of players, I think UCF would have been crushed, but that's how things roll sometimes. Injuries are just rough.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

If Kit had only been pulled from the game halfway through the 3rd period when we were already up by 30 points... woulda, coulda, shoulda. Ugh...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

I bet the next three years will be great.