• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

21 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't think that's the case.  

Yep...Jose’s saving her for the Final Four!🤫

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

OK, with so much of your blood in the program, please tell us how Jose’s coaching changed/improved this year vs his previous 18 years?

I wanted to say something regarding the Pre-Fernandez years, but I won’t do that those wounds all these years later are still fresh.  I will say posters on here always talking down Judy Genshaft need a history lesson. Sadly, not much has changed in certain areas besides different office placement and a new building. But I’ll always be grateful to Judy for standing by the players.

So, we pick up after Winters last year after finally being forced out before the season. Enter Jose, new behind the ears and not ready at all. They didn’t win much especially with No Smith, those around then know why, but he did have a rough diamond in Shepard. I’ll give you that season, actually, I’ll give you every season until Dickson got on campus, after everything that happened what was to be expected? New coach no talent besides one stud that dogged out every night. Bad combination even Lebron can’t win alone.

Then was The Big Tree years Dickson and Miller they were good but still the others had a long way to go. Sounds harsh but it is what it is, the best players were good the other players always seemed under developed offensively. We can keep this same sentiment when you add in Grace to the picture which was the start of the Guard Phase. You had Grace and Lawson, then Lawson and the Twins, side note one of my favorite teams to watch play besides the 03 team was the 08 team my first year officially on campus. Then The Twins (Andrea and Andrell) and Orekhova, and finally Orekhova/Williams/Jenkins (Cycle breaks add in a killer rebounder) (but continues average scorer)

Now we enter this current phase I say his coaching has grown because the quick assent happened when Williams/Jenkins/(name a list of three but really Laksa and some others each night) started to step up. Its the first time the others looked like they could carry the team for a night if possible. This season he has grown the most IN MY EYES because of how he has fielded a team of others and for the most part they’re holding their own. They won’t win many more most likely, but the coaching stepped up the last couple of years. He’s done way less with more if you ask me. It’s an X’s and O’s thing as well, USF is in games all the time now no matter the opponent. You couldn’t say that before even when Williams was playing. It’s a shame what happened to the team, but all is not lost.

We Shalt see I thought this with CWT then he went to FSU and forced the GCO to much on a team built to run power. Coaches get in their own ways sometimes. Just how it goes, sometimes you don’t realize until the season is over the answer was right in front you the whole time.