• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

The fact that they are still able to compete without Kit, Ferreira, Jordao, Rader, Serrat, ect says a ton about what Coach Fernandez has built here.

A house of cards.   Too many Euros.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

A house of cards.   Too many Euros.

Looking at the top players on the floor now it looks like the US girls are top contributors - Harvey, Henshaw and Leaveritt (sp?).

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

35 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Looking at the top players on the floor now it looks like the US girls are top contributors - Harvey, Henshaw and Leaveritt (sp?).

Yep, and Rader when she's back

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Massey had USF ranked 89, SMU 214... gave the Bulls an 82% chance of winning by 10 (63-53)   Memphis @ 216 after we lost to them.

Fascinating ....... and from such an esteemed source, also.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Grape

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

21 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

This has me worried for the long term.  Ferreira is gone after this year and Laksa may turn pro although she would miss this upcoming season.  So I'm hoping she'll be back.  But I don't see anyone currently on the floor for us that stands out.  The shooting is a real problem in games.  I've seen them make them at practice so hopefully this is a team slump.  Someone needs to see the ball go in the basket and warm up.  Maybe the rest will follow.  Courtney Williams has cut her hair so maybe she could come back under another name.

She's not going pro this year. They're already talking about using it as her redshirt.  It's not very common women go pro coming off severe injuries. I get that she's super talented, but nobody is drafting a player when they don't know what they're getting.  Because of her injury she literally has to show scouts she's back, which means this year will count as a redshirt and she can show what she can do on the floor next season.  I think sometimes we get fan bias and assume a player is ready, when they're not.  Not saying this is the case with here, I was just speaking in general terms.  Also so many young players getting significant time will bode well for next season team.

28 minutes ago, Calibull said:

She's not going pro this year. They're already talking about using it as her redshirt.  It's not very common women go pro coming off severe injuries. I get that she's super talented, but nobody is drafting a player when they don't know what they're getting.  Because of her injury she literally has to show scouts she's back, which means this year will count as a redshirt and she can show what she can do on the floor next season.  I think sometimes we get fan bias and assume a player is ready, when they're not.  Not saying this is the case with here, I was just speaking in general terms.  Also so many young players getting significant time will bode well for next season team.

Has she said she wants to play in the WNBA?   Playing pro in Europe would make a lot more sense for her.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

22 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

This has me worried for the long term.  Ferreira is gone after this year and Laksa may turn pro although she would miss this upcoming season.  So I'm hoping she'll be back.  But I don't see anyone currently on the floor for us that stands out.  The shooting is a real problem in games.  I've seen them make them at practice so hopefully this is a team slump.  Someone needs to see the ball go in the basket and warm up.  Maybe the rest will follow.  Courtney Williams has cut her hair so maybe she could come back under another name.

21 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I agree, he may have whiffed on his latest batch of euros. We'll see.

Take the top four starters from ANY basketball team and see if the second string comes close to competing as well as these girls are. Are they going to have a bad night? Yes. But to even mention whiffing is ludicrous at best.

Take a long look back over the years and see how many of Jose’s imports missed substantial amounts of playing time due to injuries.   How many spent medical redshirt years sitting on the bench.

BTW...The battle of the undefeated AAC teams is on ESPN2 right now!

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Take the top four starters from ANY basketball team and see if the second string comes close to competing as well as these girls are. Are they going to have a bad night? Yes. But to even mention whiffing is ludicrous at best.

You may be right. It is too early to say. I just will say that what I've seen of them on the court so far, they don't look particularly athletic or skilled. You could see pretty much right away that Kit, Laura we're going to be impact players. Not as much with Maria or Laia but they developed. It's a very limited sample size for sure, but I haven't yet seen any spark from Rozentale, Septe or Pinzan. And we're still waiting on Serrat.

Edited by Dave_Glaser