• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

What else can you say? Watched today's game at SMU. Jose has them run good sets and gets them open shots, but there is little pure talent left to execute it. His latest bunch of euros need a lot of work. There's no Laksa, Jesperson, Ferriara, Flores or Orekova among them. They also caught whatever the men have at the free throw line today - 10-for-22. SMU was lousy. We were worse.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Take 3 starters and the top 2 of the 3 players from any hoops team in the world and they will struggle.

Short term pain, long term gain with this team.  

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The fact that they are still able to compete without Kit, Ferreira, Jordao, Rader, Serrat, ect says a ton about what Coach Fernandez has built here.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Take 3 starters and the top 2 of the 3 players from any hoops team in the world and they will struggle.

Short term pain, long term gain with this team.  

Go Bulls!

4 starters right now. Rader is still out too.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Crazy to think 3 weeks ago today my girl's team saw the last game this season with the starters (at Temple).

How quickly things can change.

Go Bulls!

No doubt it's stacked against us. Just surprised how poorly they're shooting the ball. That's always a strong point with the gals game. You don't usually see a women's team shooting 30 percent from the floor and even worse from three.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What else can you say? Watched today's game at SMU. Jose has them run good sets and gets them open shots, but there is little pure talent left to execute it. His latest bunch of euros need a lot of work. There's no Laksa, Jesperson, Ferriara, Flores or Orekova among them. They also caught whatever the men have at the free throw line today - 10-for-22. SMU was lousy. We were worse.

This has me worried for the long term.  Ferreira is gone after this year and Laksa may turn pro although she would miss this upcoming season.  So I'm hoping she'll be back.  But I don't see anyone currently on the floor for us that stands out.  The shooting is a real problem in games.  I've seen them make them at practice so hopefully this is a team slump.  Someone needs to see the ball go in the basket and warm up.  Maybe the rest will follow.  Courtney Williams has cut her hair so maybe she could come back under another name.

56 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This has me worried for the long term.  Ferreira is gone after this year and Laksa may turn pro although she would miss this upcoming season.  So I'm hoping she'll be back.  But I don't see anyone currently on the floor for us that stands out.  The shooting is a real problem in games.  I've seen them make them at practice so hopefully this is a team slump.  Someone needs to see the ball go in the basket and warm up.  Maybe the rest will follow.  Courtney Williams has cut her hair so maybe she could come back under another name.

I agree, he may have whiffed on his latest batch of euros. We'll see.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What else can you say? Watched today's game at SMU. Jose has them run good sets and gets them open shots, but there is little pure talent left to execute it. His latest bunch of euros need a lot of work. There's no Laksa, Jesperson, Ferriara, Flores or Oreakova among them. They also caught whatever the men have at the free throw line today - 10-for-22. SMU was lousy. We were worse.

Inga was not a Euro recruit...she played high school ball in the USA.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

Massey had USF ranked 89, SMU 214... gave the Bulls an 82% chance of winning by 10 (63-53)   Memphis @ 216 after we lost to them.